• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

82 Frog Fever

More conflicting reports, as we've had for months. As usual, involving Canzano putting out Pac 12 office talking points that on minimal close inspection amount to desperate spin. Timing suggests they're panicking...

That’s kind of dumb from Canzano. Of course they’re ready to sign a GOR, but the problem is they don’t have a media deal. Two totally separate things.

Never mind, Canzano is just straight up lying. They haven’t agreed to anything.

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
In one of the comments below the article

"Colorado’s board of trustees have an executive session (non-public) meeting scheduled for tomorrow with a regularly scheduled two-day meeting in a couple of weeks. It’s possible that tomorrow’s executive session could be to discuss a potential move to the Big 12 with the formal decision occurring during the regularly scheduled meeting."

Their website confirms there is a special board meeting scheduled for Friday (not tomorrow). It could be about something completely different - or not

Special Board Meeting​

The Board of Regents will hold a special board meeting on Friday, June 9, 2023.
Contact Email
CUBoardofRegents@cu.edu
Contact Person
Board Office
Contact Phone
303-860-5668

Frozen Frog

I thought I saw where they had one yesterday also. My guess is they are finalizing the contracts right now. I don't think too many of these matters are handled at regular meetings.

YA

If it is the same person on the other board as here, Gary shirtless revenge, he is saying the pac 12 deal is done and higher in per team payout than the Big 12. If true, expansion is dead for the Big 12.

If it is the same person on the other board as here, Gary shirtless revenge, he is saying the pac 12 deal is done and higher in per team payout than the Big 12. If true, expansion is dead for the Big 12.
I find both hard to believe (though, admittedly, I am not an insider here).

I've decided not to trust what I see on anything P12 as *twice* I've seen clear signs they were trying to close, and nothing happened. That could mean they failed, could mean I'm wrong, or both? Regardless, I'm going to stick to TCU, B12, and industry stuff which I feel I know far better. Much easier when it's 1st hand or 2nd.

When the book is written on the P12 saga, I think it'll be interesting to find out what was really going on behind the scenes. My GUT is telling me that practically nothing was happening, and P12 was stalling because they didn't have a viable path. Maybe they'll find one in the end?

Palliative Care

The P12 is a sleight of hand Magician performing for an audience of true believers. They want to believe and they keep watching the cards fly by. At the end there will be awe, shock and disappointment.