• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion Now

froginaustin

I don’t understand the support for the Arizona schools, Nebraska, Colorado, or Arkansas. These schools have nowhere near the high school talent locally to recruit a competitive Big XII team, and they would use a higher profile in Texas to recruit here at TCU’s expense. Like TTech joining the SWC back in olden times. BYU ought to be a nonstarter for being a treacherous party to do business with.

The AZ schools recruit California like mad. If they leave the PAC for the B12, they’ll move their recruiting to Texas.

If the B12 expands, and I hope it doesn’t, I would favor Florida schools or maybe Pittsburgh. Let em recruit in their own back yards.

TCUdirtbag

I don’t understand the support for the Arizona schools, Nebraska, Colorado, or Arkansas. These schools have nowhere near the high school talent locally to recruit a competitive Big XII team, and they would use a higher profile in Texas to recruit here at TCU’s expense. Like TTech joining the SWC back in olden times. BYU ought to be a nonstarter for being a treacherous party to do business with.

The AZ schools recruit California like mad. If they leave the PAC for the B12, they’ll move their recruiting to Texas.

If the B12 expands, and I hope it doesn’t, I would favor Florida schools or maybe Pittsburgh. Let em recruit in their own back yards.

The interest in schools that are closer and/or have cultural or historical ties is roooted in CFB being about rivalry. Part of what makes it not-NFL is running into, knowing, working with, socializing with etc. fans from rival schools.

Have you ever met a UCF or USF fan? Pitt? If so, not many anywhere close to Big 12 country. No ties, no history, no fun.

Big Frog II

The interest in schools that are closer and/or have cultural or historical ties is roooted in CFB being about rivalry. Part of what makes it not-NFL is running into, knowing, working with, socializing with etc. fans from rival schools.

Have you ever met a UCF or USF fan? Pitt? If so, not many anywhere close to Big 12 country. No ties, no history, no fun.
Are there any schools close that we would want that would come?

H0RNEDFR0G

Northwestern and Syracuse are not divinely affiliated, I don't believe...and technically nor are Air Force, Army, or Navy...although Lyle Lovett sang "Soldier in the army of the Lord" on the soundtrack for "The Apostle" with Robert Duvall....

They make up the "service" part, not the Lord's part.

Northwestern had an affiliation with United Methodist church but they ended it a while back, and I think Syracuse used to be Lutheran, but point taken - they aren't affiliated anymore.

Virginia Frog

They make up the "service" part, not the Lord's part.

Northwestern had an affiliation with United Methodist church but they ended it a while back, and I think Syracuse used to be Lutheran, but point taken - they aren't affiliated anymore.
Syracuse/Duke/Vandy/Miami/NWestern/USC all had Methodist affiliations at one time or another.
No football-major college schools have/had a Lutheran affiliation.

Here's the list of current or former religious affiliations of FBS schools:

Power Five:
Boston College-Roman Catholic
Syracuse-Un Methodist
Duke-Un Methodist
Wake-Southern Baptist
Miami- Methodist
Vandy-Un Methodist
NotreDame - Roman Catholic
Northwestern - Methodist
TCU - DOC
Baylor - Southern Baptist
USC-Un Methodist
Stanford - None/ever

Group of Five:
SMU- Un Methodist
Tulsa -Presbyterian
BYU - "Morman" Latter Day Saints or whatever they want to be called now.
Rice- None/ever
Tulane - None/ever

Not sure about Liberty - are they Independent Gof5 or aspirational FBS?
-Southern Baptist, was "Liberty Baptist College" now Independent/Evangelical

Last edited:

Big Frog II

Syracuse/Duke/Vandy/Miami/NWestern/USC all had Methodist affiliations at one time or another.
No football-major college schools have/had a Lutheran affiliation.

Here's the list of current or former religious affiliations of FBS schools:

Power Five:
Boston College-Roman Catholic
Syracuse-Un Methodist
Duke-Un Methodist
Wake-Southern Baptist
Miami- Methodist
Vandy-Un Methodist
NotreDame - Roman Catholic
Northwestern - Methodist
TCU - DOC
Baylor - Southern Baptist
USC-Un Methodist
Stanford - None/ever

Group of Five:
SMU- Un Methodist
Tulsa -Presbyterian
BYU - "Morman" Latter Day Saints or whatever they want to be called now.
Rice- None/ever
Tulane - None/ever

Not sure about Liberty - are they Independent Gof5 or aspirational FBS?
-Southern Baptist, was "Liberty Baptist College" now Independent/Evangelical
I would list Liberty as the Devil's Worshipers since they hired Ian.