• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Basketball Tournament Thread

ACroofrog

So that erases the last several weeks of good play?

What the hell are you talking about??? Where was that said anywhere in my post??? If you don’t know that Arob is a terrible free throw shooter and always has been your either an idiot or don’t watch the games very often. I even said he had a good scoring game my post was exclusively about those free throws at the end. Good lord people like you piss me off

Jackson

This Team has a terrible habit of fighting like hell to get a lead AND THEN having the wheels fall off once they go up by about 5pts.
The wheels fell off today at about the 8 minute mark when on three offensive possessions in a row 3pt shots were missed. Robinson had a nice steal and then he immediately turned it over while driving the lane while completely out of control. Reminded me of YMCA pickup BB.....I stole it SO I shoot it. The team then went scoreless for 5 more minutes!!
They must play SMARTER next week.

LVH

Already over it, can’t wait for Selection Sunday.

Exactly, this game was meaningless. We may drop a seed line or two, but I just want to be in the tournament.

I'd much rather be a 7 seed and play a mediocre power conference team than be a 5 seed and play a dangerous mid major conference champ anyway. The 12 seed line looks awfully salty this year with solid teams like Buffalo, Loyola, New Mexico State and Middle Tennessee projected to be on it. No thanks. Would rather play a mediocre power conference team like UCLA or NC State any day.

This might be a blessing in disguise.

Pharm Frog

In general, Robinson is a lousy shooter. He has been all year. Plus, he has way too many turnovers. I wonder why Noi and Miller have quit hitting their outside shots. Some of them are not even close. Even Vlad missed some FTs. Just an all around crappy shooting day. I hope we are not one and done in the NCAAs.

Predicting that half the dancers are one and done. Read it here first.

Jackson

Please don’t give us South Dakota State in the 1st Round. Daum is a force we don’t want to deal with.
They will probably show up in Wichita.

Eight

Hate that people will remember Alex’s missed free throws as why we lost, bc he had a hell of a game overall.

But good God. Our FT shooting is darning pathetic. And that 6 or so minute stretch was ridiculous. So damn frustrating.

? 6 of 15 from the floor, 1/5 from ft, 6 assists and 7 to's. not exactly a stellar game on the plus/minus chart

vlad, bane, and noi get 18 combined shots while alex has 15. good kid, good story, but i wouldn't call this a hell of a game.

Dogfrog

What the hell are you talking about??? Where was that said anywhere in my post??? If you don’t know that Arob is a terrible free throw shooter and always has been your either an idiot or don’t watch the games very often. I even said he had a good scoring game my post was exclusively about those free throws at the end. Good lord people like you piss me off

So why suddenly be upset over something that has been the status quo all season? Without Fisher, this is pretty much who we are.

Froggy Style

? 6 of 15 from the floor, 1/5 from ft, 6 assists and 7 to's. not exactly a stellar game on the plus/minus chart

vlad, bane, and noi get 18 combined shots while alex has 15. good kid, good story, but i wouldn't call this a hell of a game.
Agreed and have said it all year. FT's missed will be our downfall...again. They shouldn't even practice anything but FT's before the tournament.

ACroofrog

A lot of that was how Kansas state decided to play us defensively they basically chose to let arob beat them rather then to sag in help defense when he drove off of Bane or Noi. If you were to go back and watch you will see the only time Bane ever had any space between himself and the defender at all was at the top of the key when he was resetting a play. How many [ Finebaum ]s did he actually get off at all 3? He had the one blocked, one miss from three early and the make at the end. When you lock down our wings it basically turns into a pick and roll offense with Vlad and arob and in the second half kstate figures out how to defend it.... stay on Vlad and make the shortest guy on the team try to make the shot at the rim frankly that was good coaching by Weber.

Froggy Style

So why suddenly be upset over something that has been the status quo all season? Without Fisher, this is pretty much who we are.
Wrong. If a 40% FT shooter for Kansas can practice his awful shooting non stop and make significant improvement, then someone as athletic as Alex can too. Considering he swishes half of his FT's, it's purely a mental thing...and a team demoralizer.

Last edited:

ACroofrog

I seriously wonder if anyone actually reads posts or just sees what fits their narrative. Go back to my original post. Someone asked if anyone had any hope that arob was going to make the free throws at the end. My exact reply was “no confidence those were going in at all, arob with a good scoring game but my gosh he needs to shoot free throws better”..... I’m flabbergasted as to how that post is somehow being viewed like this by you two?

Dogfrog

Wrong. If a 40% FT shooter for Kansas can practice his awful shooting non stop and make significant improvement, then someone as athletic as Alex can to. Considering he swishes half of his FT's, it's purely a mental thing...and a team demoralizer.

Wrong? So Arob has been great at the foul line all season and suddenly crashed today? Where have you been?

LVH

Please don’t give us South Dakota State in the 1st Round. Daum is a force we don’t want to deal with.
They will probably show up in Wichita.

Losing today ensured we will miss teams like South Dakota State. SDSU is projected as a 12/13 right now and will be a dangerous team.

I'd rather play a middling power conference team with flaws like UCLA or NC State or Florida State than a team like South Dakota State who is solid and is only seeded 12/13 because no one knows how good they really are. Same with Loyola and Buffalo and we all know about Middle Tennessee.

Dogfrog

I seriously wonder if anyone actually reads posts or just sees what fits their narrative. Go back to my original post. Someone asked if anyone had any hope that arob was going to make the free throws at the end. My exact reply was “no confidence those were going in at all, arob with a good scoring game but my gosh he needs to shoot free throws better”..... I’m flabbergasted as to how that post is somehow being viewed like this by you two?

Have a drink, it’s ok.

Sebastian S

Both teams performed very similar, nothing stands out too much maybe besides FT%(kstate wasnt that much better) and turnovers.

In the end, Kstate was playing for something and we weren't.

Could be the reason why we beat Kansas last year?

Dixon will get the team ready for the tournament and we will improve.

We will win our first tournament game, book it.

Enjoy the ride folks!

Froggy Style

Wrong? So Arob has been great at the foul line all season and suddenly crashed today? Where have you been?
You implied that we are destined to be crappy FT's shooters at the PG position without Fisher. I think actually practicing for hours at a time improves FT %'s. If someone can hit three pointers, but can't hit a FT on a consistent basis...it is purely a confidence and focus issue.

Chico Dusty

You implied that we are destined to be crappy FT's shooters at the PG position without Fisher. I think actually practicing for hours at a time improves FT %'s. If someone can hit three pointers, but can't hit a FT on a consistent basis...it is purely a confidence and focus issue.

I’m not disagreeing with that comment regarding practice, but statistically he is not a great 3 point shooter either.

Froggy Style

I’m not disagreeing with that comment regarding practice, but statistically he is not a great 3 point shooter either.
Agreed, I was just commenting on his shots today. Unfortunately, the false confidence led to the inevitable hero syndrome and three or four lazy layup shots and a hacking foul at the end, coupled with the awful FT shooting, was a late game killer.

Personally, i think any guard that shoots under 65% FT's should not be allowed to practice and should just shoot FT's all practice long. K-state has just shown every other team how to beat TCU. Just amazing that someone can play hack a shaq with a PG.

Last edited: