• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Basketball Tournament Thread

Eight

Yes, I'm saying it from experience. I can assure you that I'm a far worse shooter now than I was in my younger days. I think you're underestimating the difference between just picking up a ball and shooting in a gym and shooting while in a game. If I'm just shooting by myself then I could be mistaken for someone who hasn't lost his touch. But as soon as I start running around and shooting contested shots is when the lack of practice hits you.

All I'm saying is that you can't drop couch potato Joe into a game situation and expect his backyard free throw percentage to carry over. That's not a controversial statement to make. It's just a fact. So it irritates me sometimes when people so flippantly say things like that.

For Alex, he's not the most gifted shooter in general to begin with, so when you throw in all the other factors then this is what you get. And I wouldn't doubt at all Fisher and similar shooters to him can probably make 40, 50, 60 free throws in a row if they're just standing in a gym doing nothing else.

bingo, it is amazing what the mind can do to make a simple physical action such as shooting a basketball, throwing or catching incredible hard.

have a very good friend, been successful professionally, plays golf 2-3 times a week, and he damn near took a spectator's head off on the first tee of a pro-am. might have been couple hundred people and he said he felt like he was 12 years old trying to do everything his grandfather had just told him when he was learning to play golf. 40 years of muscle memory flew out the ear and it was sheer panic according to him when he started his downswing.

Admittedly I haven't found much interest in following March Madness in the last 15 years or so other than to justify slacking off from work during the first Thursday/Friday set, but I am wondering how slightly more than half of the teams can lose their first round games.
TBH I thought he was talking about the TCU show girls. Didn't realize there was a policy but figured he had inside info.

Bob

bingo, it is amazing what the mind can do to make a simple physical action such as shooting a basketball, throwing or catching incredible hard.

have a very good friend, been successful professionally, plays golf 2-3 times a week, and he damn near took a spectator's head off on the first tee of a pro-am. might have been couple hundred people and he said he felt like he was 12 years old trying to do everything his grandfather had just told him when he was learning to play golf. 40 years of muscle memory flew out the ear and it was sheer panic according to him when he started his downswing.
Yep, I practice those physical actions every chance I get.

f_399

ESPN has us #6 in Nashville vs Loyola Chicago
CBS has us #7 in Nashville as vs Butler

Please be #6, a lot better matchup and sub- bracket

Ray Finkle

This is why I found it interesting that the Big 12 tournament will be moving there for a long stretch of time if not permanently.
It's up for re-bid again in the near future. It'll be in KC through 2020. You all fail to realize that it's spring break for the Oklahoma and Texas schools, so attendance will suffer. Not to mention, it isn't football, so these fans aren't as hardcore as ISU and Kansas. The tournament is sold out every year. Look at the other conference tournaments--it's a ghost town.

Keep the tournament in KC, put baseball in OKC, and the football championship in TX. I realize we don't have a team from MO in conference anymore but if you've never been to what my friends and I call "Spring Break for Adults" at the Big XII Tournament and the Power & Light District, you are really missing out.

ISU and Kansas drive this tournament and generate a lot of revenue. Keep it as is, as it's awesome.