• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Baseball Tourney

ATC Frog

Roll call for the TCU game today.

I'm planning on being there. Might be late though, depends on when my class ends.

Edit: maybe not. For some reason I thought I could buy single game (game, not session) tickets for a decent price. Not sure I'm willing to pay ~$70 for the wife and I to maybe see TCU play once or twice. Guess I'm watching from home.

Pharm Frog

WVU pitcher chased down the runner on a sac bunt (2nd batter) and is hurt. He gone. Not good news for the Mazey's. All he had to do was toss the ball to 1B. Admire the hustle but damn...toss the ball.

mc1502

Just as an FYI, for those that have Direct TV, but don't get the FCS channels (FCS is carrying the tournament).   Direct TV will let you add the FCS channels on a month to month basis.   It's $15/month, but they immediately offered me $5/month off for the first 3 months.   Being that you can cancel at any time, I thought paying $10 to see the tournament was a pretty good deal.   They had the channel up and running in about 30 seconds.  

Pharm Frog

3 run blast to dead CF lifts Mazey's to a 4 - 0 lead in B4. OU starter must have thrown 90 pitches so far. Been on the mound seems like forever.

PurplePutt

ATC Frog said:
Roll call for the TCU game today.

I'm planning on being there. Might be late though, depends on when my class ends.

Edit: maybe not. For some reason I thought I could buy single game (game, not session) tickets for a decent price. Not sure I'm willing to pay ~$70 for the wife and I to maybe see TCU play once or twice. Guess I'm watching from home.

I figured you could just show up and buy one from someone outside. The place is always mostly empty.

ftwfrog

ATC Frog said:
Go! Spike & I went a few years ago and simply walked up and bought single game tickets. They were 15$ I think?? We Went and sat right behind home plate about 15 rows up. For the earlier rounds they certainly won't check seat numbers. Go sit where you want and have fun.

mc1502

ftwfrog said:
Go! Spike & I went a few years ago and simply walked up and bought single game tickets. They were 15$ I think?? We Went and sat right behind home plate about 15 rows up. For the earlier rounds they certainly won't check seat numbers. Go sit where you want and have fun.
This.

I did the same thing two years ago.   Buy at the park, and sit pretty much anywhere you want (until Sunday that is).

Pharm Frog

Mazey's shut out the inexplicably mediocre Sooners. 6-0 final. Sooners muster two whole hits. Hearing bad juju has been infecting that Sooner locker room since the fall semester.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Pharm Frog said:
Mazey's shut out the inexplicably mediocre Sooners. 6-0 final. Sooners muster two whole hits. Hearing bad juju has been infecting that Sooner locker room since the fall semester.
Do you think their new coach will last much longer?  Since arriving, Sooner baseball hasn't exactly been a world beater

Flying T

Tier 1
Pharm Frog said:
The Big 12 conference holds the Sooners back. Yawn

Pharm Frog

wes said:
Do you think their new coach will last much longer?  Since arriving, Sooner baseball hasn't exactly been a world beater
Before the season started I was hearing host a regional or gone. With his kid on the team I'm hearing the locker room is a mess because everyone thinks the walls have ears. But recently I'm hearing that nobody really gives a darn and he may get to run out his contract. I just can't believe that but maybe it's true.

ftwfrog

Pharm Frog said:
That's why I was hoping OU was on our side of the bracket. They haven't had a pulse recently.