• The KillerFrogs

Big 10 votes to play football this fall....

HG73

Governors in California and Oregon say it's okay to play, but now they need county approval. Assuming that comes quickly (giggle) the earliest they can play a game is late October/early November. No CFP, no bowls. Wonder what their TV money will amount to? PAC has truly screwed the pooch. Those Mountain time zone teams gotta be furious.

Bob Sugar

I would guess they'll do everything they can within reason to have all P5 conferences represented, so I'd say an undefeated B10 team would get in over a 1-loss, 2nd place finisher from another conference.

As for Ohio State, they've gone 70-6 in the six CFP-era regular seasons and have only made 3 of 6 playoffs. I don't really think they are the poster child for CFP committee favoritism but I understand the platform here.

I will shut up now.
tenor.gif

Mean Purple

I find it interesting how they held this vote the day after the new rankings came out.

Nothing like a suckeye complex to get things moving.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I would guess they'll do everything they can within reason to have all P5 conferences represented, so I'd say an undefeated B10 team would get in over a 1-loss, 2nd place finisher from another conference.

As for Ohio State, they've gone 70-6 in the six CFP-era regular seasons and have only made 3 of 6 playoffs. I don't really think they are the poster child for CFP committee favoritism but I understand the platform here.

I will shut up now.

You could have made a lot of people happier if you had chosen to follow your own advice as stated in your last sentence. Their poster child creds were established in the first year of annual beauty pageant known as the CFP.

I’m not sure who at OSU has pictures of you with a goat, but even Joey Galloway who actually played at Ohio State doesn’t agree with your premise, as stated several times after OSU got in in 14.

And shutting up lasts...

Pharm Frog

Governors in California and Oregon say it's okay to play, but now they need county approval. Assuming that comes quickly (giggle) the earliest they can play a game is late October/early November. No CFP, no bowls. Wonder what their TV money will amount to? PAC has truly screwed the pooch. Those Mountain time zone teams gotta be furious.

Article in ESPN says PAC vote coming this week and they intend to be a part of “the bowl season” and “CFP”