• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

mcdaddy

Always good to bump this thread. And wondering if anyone read the muck article today about Mulkey saying something about Griner? My right click/incognito mode doesn't work anymore for startlegram articles.

Eight

Always good to bump this thread. And wondering if anyone read the muck article today about Mulkey saying something about Griner? My right click/incognito mode doesn't work anymore for startlegram articles.

didn't read the article, briefly heard something about mulkey making sure people were aware that she hadn't and wasn't going to comment about greiner

no idea how accurate that is and have no real interest in learning anymore

HornyWartyToad

didn't read the article, briefly heard something about mulkey making sure people were aware that she hadn't and wasn't going to comment about greiner

Pretty poor behavior IMO. How hard would it be to have a statement of support for her former player and her family. Even some really weak [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] like, "Thoughts and prayers."

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

She probably didn’t want to have to admit getting busted for drugs by Ivan, it wasn’t the first time for Mr Greiner.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Pretty poor behavior IMO. How hard would it be to have a statement of support for her former player and her family. Even some really weak [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] like, "Thoughts and prayers."
Or…how about the possibility of “if you don’t have anything nice to say, say nothing at all”

Or…”I regret not having been able to instill the concept that decisions have consequences regardless of how athletically talented you may be.”

Or…”When you are in another country, it’s advisable to know and follow its laws and customs.”

IIRC…even the US State Department suggested that public antagonism of the Russian position would not at all be helpful to the diplomatic cause.

I dislike that coach immensely but I see no reason at all to be drawn into commenting.

Froglaw

She probably didn’t want to have to admit getting busted for drugs by Ivan wasn’t the first time for Mr Greiner.

No, she refused to comment on Griners wrongful detention by the Russian legal system.

The hostile attitude toward Griner by Mulkey goes back to the Bears Womens BBall run for the NC.

Griners gay lifestyle was made known to Mulkey, but she told Griner, “just don’t say anything.”

Baylor, being the hypocritical institution they are, was furious with Mulkey when it came out that she recruited a gay athlete contrary to Baylor policy.

That is why Mulkey left Baylor and is now at LSU.

So Mulkey doesn’t even care that her most famous former player is stuck in a Russian prison.

As usual, insurance adjusters prove that they are incapable of human sympathy.

Bob Sugar

No, she refused to comment on Griners wrongful detention by the Russian legal system.

The hostile attitude toward Griner by Mulkey goes back to the Bears Womens BBall run for the NC.

Griners gay lifestyle was made known to Mulkey, but she told Griner, “just don’t say anything.”

Baylor, being the hypocritical institution they are, was furious with Mulkey when it came out that she recruited a gay athlete contrary to Baylor policy.

So Mulkey doesn’t even care that her most famous former player is stuck in a Russian prison.

Why is the detention wrongful?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Where do you come up with this insurance adjuster stuff? Is that supposed to be insulting like being called a lawyer? I am a retired as consultant. I did work for crooks on both sides. Ambulance chasers and insurance companies. I’ve said it often, get rid of insurance companies, codify liability payouts and have lawyers collect from guilty parties. No?

Insurance companies are almost as bad as lawyers, but I’m not sure why you expect them to give you what you want. You go high they go low. Same game, different sides of the continuum. The only difference is that lawyers profit from their clients by taking 25 to 35+ percent from their clients. Insurance adjusters get paid a set salary and the one’s I’ve talked to say they get paid the same every payday regardless.

As for Griner, her sentence may be excessive, but she admitted to having weed vape. She was stupid to take an illegal substance into Russia. She has been busted for drug use before here. This could have happened in any number of countries. You roll the dice you lose sometimes. She lost.

Last edited:

FrogUltimate

I feel bad for Griner. Two years ago and she's out in a few months max. Now she's a political asset. Our government sent the trial balloon up a few months ago about her being swapped for the merchant of death or whatever, and the backlash was pretty strong so they backed off that. Unfortunately she's just going to have to wait it out for a few years probably.

Case study in how to conduct yourself internationally, especially if you aren't in a western European country. Better know the basic laws and political climate.

I’m calling BS on this. Baylor did not have a policy against recruiting gay athletes.

Did they want her to hide it or not flaunt it? I can believe that.

Frogenstein

Mulkey did tell Griner to keep her lifestyle on the down low while at Baylor. That said I doubt Mulkey was the only Baylor employee to know Griner was gay.

Per Baylor people Mulkey left because she was very difficult to get a long with and was clashing with the administration over just about everything including the proposed new arena. Also, she is from Louisiana so the LSU job was hard to turn down.

Deep Purple

"Wrongful detention"?

The Rooskies claim they found hashish oil in her luggage. Such possession is the Russian equivalent of a felony, and bringing it into the country undeclared is, under Russian law, smuggling. Unless you have evidence the Russians planted the stuff and framed her, how was her detention wrongful?

froginaustin

Mulkey did tell Griner to keep her lifestyle on the down low while at Baylor. That said I doubt Mulkey was the only Baylor employee to know Griner was gay.

Per Baylor people Mulkey left because she was very difficult to get a long with and was clashing with the administration over just about everything including the proposed new arena. Also, she is from Louisiana so the LSU job was hard to turn down.

Mulkey's son was a scholarship baseball player at LSU while she was a coach a Baylor. IIRC.
Her family, or the son's anyway (his father's side), may have deep Louisiana ties.

Eight

Mulkey's son was a scholarship baseball player at LSU while she was a coach a Baylor. IIRC.
Her family, or the son's anyway (his father's side), may have deep Louisiana ties.

there is no maybe concerning her roots in the boot

she grew up there, was a high school legend at hammond, a star at la-tech, married a la tech quarterback, was part of leon barmore's staff at la tech, and basically left baylor to go back home