• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Can you imagine how quickly other conferences would use that Baylor loss as reflection of the quality of the Big 12?!?? Ugh! Hate Baylor as much as the next guy, but they simply can't lose that game.

Awwwwww it. Hope they lose.
I think since everyone (even the U.K.) knows about Baylor they'll chalk that loss up to the rapes. Hopefully...

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Possibly in possession of some incriminating photos. :rolleyes:

That or some hardcopy documents of the incriminating nature. Even if she does I don't see how she can think she can stay or be "safe" there. Eventually Chancellor Livingstone is going to have to issue a blanket decree -- everyone from Vice Chancellor down to parking meter maid on bu payroll needs to submit a letter of resignation immediately. Then Livingston will decide which ones to accept. The regents need to do the same but they never will since they appoint each other - too much mutual hand washing. Some outside force will finally nail that coffin, I'm hoping it's loss of academic accreditation forcing enrollment down & subsequent financial ruin or drop to NAIA sports level.

SAT Frog

Can you imagine how quickly other conferences would use that Baylor loss as reflection of the quality of the Big 12?!?? Ugh! Hate Baylor as much as the next guy, but they simply can't lose that game.

Awwwwww it. Hope they lose.
Honestly, if Baylor were to somehow get the Death Penalty or were to be kicked out of the Big 12. I would prefer to swap UTSA, instead of Cougar High. I might get slaughtered for saying that, but think they have a better potential to actually not be a doormat for a conference. Not going to derail the thread over it, just my opinion.

Baylor, having become so deeply mired in a vile course of events of their own creation....now feels that the only viable recourse is to simply deny and stonewall. Fervently hoping that the entire episode will simply fade away.

funkytownfrog

Quote:
Ramsower to leave top-level Baylor position in May 2018

"Ramsower...... took faculty criticism in 2008 when he approved a program that offered incoming freshmen $300 in bookstore credit for retaking the SAT.
Any student who raised his or her score by at least 50 points earned $1,000 a year in merit scholarship aid. The program was seen as a scheme to increase the average SAT scores of students and improve Baylor's position in college rankings."

Shorty

Art is so toxic even Kiffin won't claim him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-absolutely-not-a-consultant-on-faus-offense

Lane Kiffin: Art Briles Is 'Absolutely' Not a Consultant on FAU's Offense
TIMOTHY RAPPAUGUST 23, 2017

hi-res-dcee07db09b7290a9595ec72f30d9805_crop_north.jpg

Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images
Florida Atlantic head coach Lane Kiffin denied on Wednesday that former Baylor head coach Art Briles is serving as a consultant for the Owls.

"Somebody texted me and wanted to know why I hired Art Briles, and I was like, 'What?'" Kiffin said, per Chris Low of ESPN.com. "He's absolutely not a consultant and has never been to practice or spoken to our team. That's classic 'somebody trying to make it a story' because it's Art Briles and Lane Kiffin."

Kiffin's remarks follow comments from both offensive coordinator Kendal Briles—the son of Art Briles—and the head coach himself that suggested the former Baylor coach may be serving as an informal consultant for the program.

"Obviously, he has ideas," Kendal Briles told Matthew DeFranks of the Sun-Sentinel on Monday. "He wants to know personnel and different guys and making sure we're getting those guys in the right spots and getting them touches and all that stuff. He's a football coach, that's all he's ever been. He's definitely involved and we talk daily."

"Obviously, he's done unbelievable things on offense," Kiffin added Monday. "It's his system that he started years and years ago. Every once in a while, I'll text or call him and bounce something off of him."

But Kiffin emphasized on Wednesday that his communication with Art Briles was mostly to give him updates on how his son was handling his offensive coordinator duties.

"He's a coach's dad just like mine, and I told him that his son is doing a really good job, which all dads, especially coach's dads, love to hear," he said, per Low. "It's no different than when you call a player's parent and tell them their son is doing well. And in the course of that, I've asked him a few questions because it's obviously his [offensive] system that he's run for years. So I've asked him a couple of questions about alignments of players or something like that."

Kiffin, 42, is in his first year as the head coach of Florida Atlantic after a career that included failed head-coaching stints with the Oakland Raiders (2007-08), Tennessee Volunteers (2009) and USC Trojans (2010-13). He took the FAU job after serving as the offensive coordinator under Nick Saban for Alabama (2014-16).

After his previous unsuccessful head-coaching tenures, Kiffin likely isn't courting controversy this time around. And having Art Briles as a hired consultant would be extremely controversial after he was fired from Baylor in 2016 following a university-sanctioned investigation that found he failed to properly handle and oversee a number of domestic violence and sexual assault cases during his tenure at the school.

AroundWorldFrog

LOL

FWBear91
In reply to 80sBEAR 3:29p
R

80sBEAR said:
The Froggies and the Whorns have a two year winning streak on us. That needs to end this season. I feel pretty good about Texas. TCU, not so much.

This is particularly frustrating. For 2 years in a row, we have clearly been the better team than both TCU and UT, but managed to lose to both. I am hoping for some serious payback in Ft Worth and in Waco.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Quote:

"Ramsower...... took faculty criticism in 2008 when he approved a program that offered incoming freshmen $300 in bookstore credit for retaking the SAT.
Any student who raised his or her score by at least 50 points earned $1,000 a year in merit scholarship aid. The program was seen as a scheme to increase the average SAT scores of students and improve Baylor's position in college rankings."

Looking forward to the Ramsower farewell tour over the next nine months. This idiot should have been sacked along with Fart, Ian and Kenny. He may be the second leading arsehole in the state behind Fart.

FrogCop19

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-absolutely-not-a-consultant-on-faus-offense

Florida Atlantic head coach Lane Kiffin denied on Wednesday that former Baylor head coach Art Briles is serving as a consultant for the Owls.

"Somebody texted me and wanted to know why I hired Art Briles, and I was like, 'What?'" Kiffin said, per Chris Low of ESPN.com. "He's absolutely not a consultant and has never been to practice or spoken to our team. That's classic 'somebody trying to make it a story' because it's Art Briles and Lane Kiffin."

Kiffin's remarks follow comments from both offensive coordinator Kendal Briles—the son of Art Briles—and the head coach himself that suggested the former Baylor coach may be serving as an informal consultant for the program.

"Obviously, he has ideas," Kendal Briles told Matthew DeFranks of the Sun-Sentinel on Monday. "He wants to know personnel and different guys and making sure we're getting those guys in the right spots and getting them touches and all that stuff. He's a football coach, that's all he's ever been. He's definitely involved and we talk daily."

"Obviously, he's done unbelievable things on offense," Kiffin added Monday. "It's his system that he started years and years ago. Every once in a while, I'll text or call him and bounce something off of him."

But Kiffin emphasized on Wednesday that his communication with Art Briles was mostly to give him updates on how his son was handling his offensive coordinator duties.

"He's a coach's dad just like mine, and I told him that his son is doing a really good job, which all dads, especially coach's dads, love to hear," he said, per Low. "It's no different than when you call a player's parent and tell them their son is doing well. And in the course of that, I've asked him a few questions because it's obviously his [offensive] system that he's run for years. So I've asked him a couple of questions about alignments of players or something like that."

Kiffin, 42, is in his first year as the head coach of Florida Atlantic after a career that included failed head-coaching stints with the Oakland Raiders (2007-08), Tennessee Volunteers (2009) and USC Trojans (2010-13). He took the FAU job after serving as the offensive coordinator under Nick Saban for Alabama (2014-16).

After his previous unsuccessful head-coaching tenures, Kiffin likely isn't courting controversy this time around. And having Art Briles as a hired consultant would be extremely controversial after he was fired from Baylor in 2016 following a university-sanctioned investigation that found he failed to properly handle and oversee a number of domestic violence and sexual assault cases during his tenure at the school.

Love it...

"What? No, no, no, we didn't hire Art! I mean, don't get me wrong, he knows our receiving corps, our playbook, and who should be getting all the catches, but after all, we *are* running the system that he created. I think my OC might have *some* contact with him regarding a few offensive sets and blocking schemes, as well as a few recruiting strategies and a couple of some of the better defense attorneys in the area, but no in no way, shape, or form is Art Briles a part of our staff."

peacock

and Briles is stupid enought to think he's going to get back into coaching......

AroundWorldFrog

Quote:

bearlyafarmer
In reply to Bear Rammer 5:27p
P

Bear Rammer said:
What's this? I've about such a thing to make BU look better, but is it true?

Yes, it's true. Deceit is a minor issue for any organization in which image continually trumps substance.

ATC Frog

LOL

FWBear91
R

80sBEAR said:
The Froggies and the Whorns have a two year winning streak on us. That needs to end this season. I feel pretty good about Texas. TCU, not so much.

This is particularly frustrating. For 2 years in a row, we have clearly been the better team than both TCU and UT, but managed to lose to both. I am hoping for some serious payback in Ft Worth and in Waco.

giphy.gif

Better than Texas? Maybe. Better than the Frogs? Not even close.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
LOL

FWBear91
R

80sBEAR said:

Jpi9CvA.gif