• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Deep Purple

Will never be a Waco fan but I watch that show a lot with my mothers favorites list. Will be interesting to see what the final product looks like.
SinfulExaltedIcelandgull-size_restricted.gif

Froglaw

Baylor better be glad they are not in Denton County after a jury awarded a young lady $32 million for being drugged and raped by two 9th grade football players. Wow, 9th grade.

Friend of mine was lead counsel.

Shawn Oakman was found "Not Guilty" of committing sexual assault "beyond a reasonable doubt". Not an innocent finding.

He is subject to a civil lawsuit under the lower burden of proof of "by a preponderance of the evidence" or "more likely than not".

I hope that the victim files a civil lawsuit and gets Oakman's signing bonus plus half his NFL income.

Froglaw

Congrats to the Trib but that headline clearly shows what a disaster the McClennan County DAs office is and why these not-guilty Baylor rape verdicts does not mean they were falsely accused! It just means Baylor Law has some terrible grads!

Dumb post!

Top three law school in the country for litigation.

Can only put on the evidence that is handed to you as an attorney.

I can't fix stupid investigations or victim's testimony or contrary evidence with a good closing argument.

Victim testimony that it was "rape" without supporting evidence in any Texas county is a tough case to prove.

Billy Clyde

went for a quick bite at Billy's Oak Acres bbq because I read a positive review and it's handy to the hood. sat at the bar because I wanted to eat and get on back to chorin. waitress glommed the remote and took it off "how it's made" pissed me off because they were doing guitars. forever later she settled on bu-wvu baseball for god knows why. i started to complain but bu was down 3-0 so it was all good cuz [Baylor asshoe].

Purp

went for a quick bite at Billy's Oak Acres bbq because I read a positive review and it's handy to the hood. sat at the bar because I wanted to eat and get on back to chorin. waitress glommed the remote and took it off "how it's made" pissed me off because they were doing guitars. forever later she settled on bu-wvu baseball for god knows why. i started to complain but bu was down 3-0 so it was all good cuz [Baylor asshoe].
How was the food? I haven't been since they relocated. Sometimes that's not a good move for little places like Billy's.

Billy Clyde

How was the food? I haven't been since they relocated. Sometimes that's not a good move for little places like Billy's.

I was disappointed, but maybe expectations were too high. Atmosphere was pretty cool, some nice beer on tap from Wild Acre. I had brisket, ribs and sausage, and would give only the brisket a passing grade. IDK why any bbq joint would serve Eckridge-grade links, but they did. Beans were good, and surprised to see pickled okra as a side option, which was great.

Tried Cousin's on Bryant-Irvin today for lunch, would rate it about the same. Both places showing support for the Frogs, though. And will probably return to Billy's for at least a T-shirt, that thing is brilliant.

Dumb post!

Top three law school in the country for litigation.

Can only put on the evidence that is handed to you as an attorney.

I can't fix stupid investigations or victim's testimony or contrary evidence with a good closing argument.

Victim testimony that it was "rape" without supporting evidence in any Texas county is a tough case to prove.
Just from reading the newspaper account that was a very uphill battle from the state’s perspective. I’ve prosecuted hundreds of sex assaults both child and adult and that was an NG waiting to happen

Purp

I was disappointed, but maybe expectations were too high. Atmosphere was pretty cool, some nice beer on tap from Wild Acre. I had brisket, ribs and sausage, and would give only the brisket a passing grade. IDK why any bbq joint would serve Eckridge-grade links, but they did. Beans were good, and surprised to see pickled okra as a side option, which was great.

Tried Cousin's on Bryant-Irvin today for lunch, would rate it about the same. Both places showing support for the Frogs, though. And will probably return to Billy's for at least a T-shirt, that thing is brilliant.
Try Billy's on a Wednesday or Thursday night (can't remember which) when they have the butterfly cut porkchop. That darner was fabulous, but it's been a decade or more since I last had one. Also, Billy's had the best nana puddin' I ever ate.

I agree with you; of the three meats the brisket was the only one I ever got with regularity. I used to drill with my reserve unit near the old location so I ate there almost monthly.