• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

AroundWorldFrog

Bette Midler looks pretty good considering her age. Reasonably well preserved.
hqdefault.jpg

FrogCop19

Sounds like a heck of a story here

You don't know about the Reed Hall Flasher? Oh man, it was all the buzz back in the late 80's to mid-90's. Fat middle-aged dude would stand in the window overlooking the south outdoor entrance into Reed Hall behind the old Student Center. He would keep the blinds down low over his face, and stand there with his pants around his ankles and knock on the glass to get girl's attention as they walked by. There was a service entrance he would take leading from Reed to the Student Center that not many people knew about, so when they would look for him coming out of Reed, they never saw him. We busted him in '96 I think, when a professor inadvertently walked in on him zipping his pants up.

He got busted for doing the same thing over at SMU, as well. Baptist Minister, I think.

Deep Purple

The Reed Flasher was a Baptist minister from Waxahachie. I remember it was a football coach that tackled him after he was finally caught in the act. I was a student at the time and thought he was an urban myth because I never knew anyone unfortunate enough to see him.
It wasn’t a football coach. It was an English professor — the late Dr. Robert Frye, in fact.

Dr. Frye did coach our first varsity women”s basketball team in 1974-75.

Mean Purple

The Reed Hall Flasher did it for YEARS before he got caught...
When I first got to school, I thought that was a total myth. Then some poor girl got flashed in the Spring. Eventually, folks were making jokes about printing shirts that read "Reed Hall Flasher Tour". Then just list a bunch of campus buildings on the back.

Good to hear they caught that dude.

Mean Purple

The Reed Flasher was a Baptist minister from Waxahachie. I remember it was a football coach that tackled him after he was finally caught in the act. I was a student at the time and thought he was an urban myth because I never knew anyone unfortunate enough to see him.
Safe to assume he did his undergrad a baylol?

SwissArmyFrog

Back to Bette for a moment, she played one of Tevye's daughters in 'Fiddler on the Roof' on Broadway - not the original cast, but she came in shortly after.

Can't stand her - should've stayed in Anatevka.

Froglaw

You don't know about the Reed Hall Flasher? Oh man, it was all the buzz back in the late 80's to mid-90's. Fat middle-aged dude would stand in the window overlooking the south outdoor entrance into Reed Hall behind the old Student Center. He would keep the blinds down low over his face, and stand there with his pants around his ankles and knock on the glass to get girl's attention as they walked by. There was a service entrance he would take leading from Reed to the Student Center that not many people knew about, so when they would look for him coming out of Reed, they never saw him. We busted him in '96 I think, when a professor inadvertently walked in on him zipping his pants up.

He got busted for doing the same thing over at SMU, as well. Baptist Minister, I think.

This guy and the Reed Hall Flasher went on to careers as Title IX Officers at Baylor.

Sic 'Em!

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Back to Bette for a moment, she played one of Tevye's daughters in 'Fiddler on the Roof' on Broadway - not the original cast, but she came in shortly after.

Can't stand her - should've stayed in Anatevka.
Even further OT but one of the old lady judges on Law & Order (not sure if plain or SVU) was one of the unchosen 5 dancing daughters of Jethro in the Sinai wilderness of The 10 Commandments.

froginaustin

Waco wasn't Comanche territory. It was inhabited by the Waco band of the Wichita confederation of Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. The Wichita bands were a southern offshoot of the much larger Pawnee tribe of Kansas and Nebraska.

Maybe Waco wasn’t Comanche territory, yet. The Comanches were overrunning other native tribes when the ‘Mericans Showed up and spoiled their party. What is now Austin - Travis County was most definitely Comancheria in 1830. There’s a really amazing historical marker on a little meadow on Shoal Creek under the 34th Street bridge, on the hike and bike trail. An extended family of white settlers was massacred by the Comanches there, in 1830.

Or maybe the Comanches preferred Austin to Wacko, too.