• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Mean Purple

These are fun to read in Samuel L Jackson’s voice. You have to add motherdarner to the end though for authenticity.
I was in a meeting when I first read your reply this morning. Just started laughing. Everyone else was wonder what I was laughing about. 1 guy even asked, "what?"
I so badly wanted to respond, "say what one more time..."

Last edited:

Mean Purple

Deep Purple

Baylor Fans' argument is that sexual assault is a problem in all populated areas and particularly at college campuses.

They are right.
Problem is they're only telling half of the story -- the half that appears to mitigate their guilt. The other half of the story is more damning.

Yes, sexual assault occurs everywhere. But no, it does not occur with the same scale, frequency, and degree of institutional complicity and coverup as occurred at Baylor. That is highly unusual and places the Bears in a special category of sleaze.

Last edited:

ATC Frog

I have a few buddies that went to Baylor Law School, and while they are proud of their degree (rightfully so) and are confident that they received a great law education, their hate for Baylor grew even deeper after spending 3 years in Waco.

The law school is naturally separate from their undergrad, but I've been told that they experienced enough overlap with the main university that they were able to see how grossly delusional their administration and student body was.

Not the case for the two guys that I know that went there for law school.

One went to Austin College for undergrad and the other SMU. They are both more vocal about BU than their actual alma maters.

So unfortunately, some law schools grads are still easily brainwashed.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Not the case for the two guys that I know that went there for law school.

One went to Austin College for undergrad and the other SMU. They are both more vocal about BU than their actual alma maters.

So unfortunately, some law schools grads are still easily brainwashed.
Had an "aggie" talk major smack the night before the B12 championship. Was wearing the ring, but later found out she went to A&M Commerce for Undergrad and Wesleyan Law. Buh-bye

Eight

Had an "aggie" talk major smack the night before the B12 championship. Was wearing the ring, but later found out she went to A&M Commerce for Undergrad and Wesleyan Law. Buh-bye

i have never understood this phenomenon of people who have graduated from atm-commerce, kingsville, or corpus that claim to be part of the main branch of atm so to be.

reminds me of the s einfeld episode where elaine feels compelled to do everything for the woman who is a 4th or 5th separation from the kennedy family.

will also say i haven't run into ut-tyler grads claiming to be horns.

Frog-in-law1995

I adjuncted there for a few years before and after the change to A&M and am fb friends with several of my former students. It’s wild...they’re buying and dunking law school rings . (fir those who don’t know...Aggies drop their rings in a pitcher of beer and then slam it before they can wear the ring). I can’t even imagine giving a [ Finebaum ] about the undergrad crap at my grad schools. Of course, here I am being a fan of a school I have even less of a connection to, so whatever.

netty2424

I adjuncted there for a few years before and after the change to A&M and am fb friends with several of my former students. It’s wild...they’re buying and dunking law school rings . (fir those who don’t know...Aggies drop their rings in a pitcher of beer and then slam it before they can wear the ring). I can’t even imagine giving a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] about the undergrad crap at my grad schools. Of course, here I am being a fan of a school I have even less of a connection to, so whatever.
Can’t believe you showed your junk there for so long and didn’t get caught. Really dodged a bullet on that one.

GeoFrog

i have never understood this phenomenon of people who have graduated from atm-commerce, kingsville, or corpus that claim to be part of the main branch of atm so to be.

reminds me of the s einfeld episode where elaine feels compelled to do everything for the woman who is a 4th or 5th separation from the kennedy family.

will also say i haven't run into ut-tyler grads claiming to be horns.
Yep. Throw WTAMU in there also. HS friends who went there talk way more crap than the ones who actually attended in CS. Weird. And I know many UTA people that act like they graduated from UT-Austin.

hometown frog

I had a guy at work state he was a UT grad forever. What he forgot to mention was he was a UT-Dallas grad. I made sure that little detail was known any time i could.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I adjuncted there for a few years before and after the change to A&M and am fb friends with several of my former students. It’s wild...they’re buying and dunking law school rings . (fir those who don’t know...Aggies drop their rings in a pitcher of beer and then slam it before they can wear the ring). I can’t even imagine giving a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] about the undergrad crap at my grad schools. Of course, here I am being a fan of a school I have even less of a connection to, so whatever.
What would Shirey say?

Deep Purple

Texas A&M actually encourages that. My son is a TCU alum, class of 2010, but got his JD from A&M Law. I remember going to some kind of function for parents and family where they did whole the "Aggie tradition" spiel, from the opening "Howdy" to the class ring. It was half disgusting in its arrogance and half just plain damn hilarious. The arrogance was in the presumption that all these law students were going to forsake their own alma maters for the "privilege" of taking on the Aggie mantle. The hilarity was in how seriously these Agheads actually took themselves. I had to stifle the urge to snicker many times.

When my son graduated law school, his Aggie aunt and uncle made him a gift of an Aggie class ring. It was a generous gift and he was appropriately gracious for it, but he's only worn it when job interviewing (in case there's an Aggie in the hiring hierarchy) or at law school alumni events. He has five or six articles of clothing connected with A&M Law in his closet, but he has an entire row of TCU purple. And he unapologeticly says, "I'm not an Aggie, I'm a Horned Frog and I'll always be a Horned Frog."