• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Texas A&M actually encourages that. My son is a TCU alum, class of 2010, but got his JD from A&M Law. I remember going to some kind of function for parents and family where they did whole the "Aggie tradition" spiel, from the opening "Howdy" to the class ring. It was half disgusting in its arrogance and half just plain damn hilarious. The arrogance was in the presumption that all these law students were going to forsake their own alma maters for the "privilege" of taking on the Aggie mantle. The hilarity was in how seriously these Agheads actually took themselves. I had to stifle the urge to snicker many times.

When my son graduated law school, his Aggie aunt and uncle made him a gift of an Aggie class ring. It was a generous gift and he was appropriately gracious for it, but he's only worn it when job interviewing (in case there's an Aggie in the hiring hierarchy) or at law school alumni events. He has five or six articles of clothing connected with A&M Law in his closet, but he has an entire row of TCU purple. And he unapologeticly says, "I'm not an Aggie, I'm a Horned Frog and I'll always be a Horned Frog."
But....does he still make a little tax-free on the side with some weekend Texas Hold’m?

Fosterpark Squatter

I adjuncted there for a few years before and after the change to A&M and am fb friends with several of my former students. It’s wild...they’re buying and dunking law school rings . (fir those who don’t know...Aggies drop their rings in a pitcher of beer and then slam it before they can wear the ring). I can’t even imagine giving a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] about the undergrad crap at my grad schools. Of course, here I am being a fan of a school I have even less of a connection to, so whatever.

Sounds like an excuse to drink a pitcher of beer. Whatever company makes the TCU rings sends ads to the grad students every other month or so though I dont even think I've seen any alumni from any level ever wearing one.

Frogenstein

The Reed Flasher was a Baptist minister from Waxahachie. I remember it was a football coach that tackled him after he was finally caught in the act. I was a student at the time and thought he was an urban myth because I never knew anyone unfortunate enough to see him.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
The Reed Flasher was a Baptist minister from Waxahachie. I remember it was a football coach that tackled him after he was finally caught in the act. I was a student at the time and thought he was an urban myth because I never knew anyone unfortunate enough to see him.
"Ooh, it looks like a penis, only smaller!"
-- Bette Midler

Jet Set Frog

You hooked up with Bette Midler?

Heyooooo!

giphy.gif