• The KillerFrogs

Baylor's Seth Russell Has a Cervical Fracture

frognutz

Also, it seems that if the injury news is up in the air in really doesn't seem to come out, but if it's really bad it comes out immediately.

netty2424

Peacefrog said:
Correct. It was his back. Think it was same thing romo had last year.
Can't remember if Petty sat for a week or if he played through it, but I would think this fracture in the neck would be much more serious than the back as there is much more support in the back.

But I'm no doctor. Just assuming.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
netty2424 said:
Can't remember if Petty sat for a week or if he played through it, but I would think this fracture in the neck would be much more serious than the back as there is much more support in the back.

But I'm no doctor. Just assuming.
He broke two small bones in his back during smu game. Was ready to play the following week but they held him out. Courageous decision by coach longsleeves to start Russell vs northwestern state.

LurkerFrog

I hate to see any player, no matter what team, get injured.  Especially something that may be season ending or worse.  Prayers for that young man that he heals well and quickly.

French Frog

JurisFrog said:
Did he play at all after the hit?

I don't think he ever played after the hit that he was hurt during. He was on the sideline with a towel over his head with the docs around him.  Initially it looked like they were putting him through the concussion protocol.

netty2424

82Frog said:
Dang . . I was wanting to beat them with all their horses . . now they will just have an excuse when they lose by 21
I agree. I don't want any excuses.

But my guess is he'll be fine by Nov 27th. And if he's not, there's no team in the country that's played with more injuries than TCU, so as much as I hope he personally heals quickly with no long term issues, I do not feel sorry for Baylor as a program or a university.

PurpleBlood87

Stidham should have been in the game but Art and tape fingers were running up the stats. Just like playing Coleman and the first string receiver's with three minutes to play.

My Buddy Steve

PurpleBlood87 said:
Stidham should have been in the game but Art and tape fingers were running up the stats. Just like playing Coleman and the first string receiver's with three minutes to play.
He got hurt playing mop up snaps??? Unreal. If true

B

Backup Waterboy

My Buddy Steve said:
He got hurt playing mop up snaps??? Unreal. If true
It's true. I posted two plays before this was the type of situation where someone gets hurt.

Latest posts