• The KillerFrogs

Baylor's Seth Russell Has a Cervical Fracture

f_399

looks like he is out at least 6-8 weeks, about the end of the season.

If they get to the playoffs, he would be #2 qb since stidham would have gotten them there against the bulk of their schedule.

or

go through surgery, end his playing career but sets him up well to be healthy for the combine/nfl career

f_399

IF Stidham gets them to the playoffs, I am guessing they continue with him as the starter?

I guess it would be like the Ohio State situation.

If true, Stidham would have played against OU, OSU and TCU and whatever bowl they get.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Of course, these estimates of time out for healing/recuperation are conservative, professional estimates based on past experience, knowledge of such injury, and the strong possibility of permanent paralysis with further contact.

Warden Art, who knows a lot more about injury than any of you Doctors, will encourage the young man to trot back out there tout-suite. Rape U. wants to win, and win now!

Harsh? Hardly, considering. Rape U. has demonstrated time and again it's commitment to winning at all, repeat all, costs. Why should this be any different?

LisaLT

I do feel bad for Russell - he has played amazingly well so far. If 6 to 8 weeks is minimum healing time, I would think it would be prudent to not play the rest of the year (regardless of bowl games/playoffs) - especially if he is vulnerable to further more severe injury. 

I guess we will see what happens. I'd like to think Briles would not risk the kid's health for the sake of winning. Besides, an inured Russell might play less aggressively and more tentatively than a healthy Stidman.

f_399

IF Stidham lives up to his hype, I don't see how Russel could get his job back other than seniority or respect.

IF Stidham lives up to his hype, we may want Russel back ASAP.

EdKamen

It will be interesting to see how Baylor's running game does the next couple of games if Stidham isn't as accurate as Russell on those post routes.

Reptilian

This is why GMFP has been up Boykin's arse to get down or out of bounds and avoid as much contact as possible. Better to be a smart "hombre" than a tough "hombre".

I wonder if the Warden has asked Tape Fingers after the game: With the game in hand, how in the hell do you call zone read without relaying to Seth he is not allowed to keep under any circumstances?"

jratexas

According to baylorbears.com he is out for the season and will undergo surgery...  and the surgery has a 6 month recovery time.  I believe they just held the press conference...

ifrog

jratexas said:
According to baylorbears.com he is out for the season and will undergo surgery...  and the surgery has a 6 month recovery time.  I believe they just held the press conference...

Thanks nobody knew that!

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson said:
The "next guy" still has to make clutch throws under pressure. Yes they have a great system that helps QBs succeed, but it's not a sure thing that any old idiot can do.

Yeah, when everything goes right and there's a wide open WR, it's not hard, but when there's a 260 lb DE charging and you don't know where to go with the ball, do you make the right call or throw the INT?

That's the difference between a freshman and a senior... we'll see
Bump for a humble brag and #baylortears