• The KillerFrogs

B12 Board

Froginbedford

No one gives a scheiss about Texas Tech fans. They're some of the [ #2020 ]tiest humans on earth.

They're good for an easy win just about every fall, though, even when our team isn't any good.
They are so good for an easy win just about every fall that our post-SWC record with them is 7-5 (6-4 in Big 12)....

gofor2

They are so good for an easy win just about every fall that our post-SWC record with them is 7-5 (6-4 in Big 12)....
We've won 6 of the last 8 by an average margin of a lot of scheissing points.
You are both right and I'll add another data point.
We are 2-9 vs. Tech in the last 11 seasons of the SWC. (1985-1995)
We are 6-2 vs. Tech in the last 8 games.
We are 7-5 vs Tech since 2004.

Wexahu

I hate Tech, but playing them in Lubbock is a very tough place to win a game. Their football team has my respect.
This is a myth.

Since we joined the Big 12 I'm pretty sure Tech has had the worst home field advantage of any team in the conference. It's either the worst or 2nd worst, maybe their performances in the last couple years dug them out the home field advantage cellar. You know where else is not a particularly tough place to play, if you look at actual results of games? Morgantown. And FWIW, Fort Worth as well, but you probably figured that already.

If you're good, you win games....and if you aren't, you don't. Where the game is played is of little importance, and that includes whether the game was at night or not. Winning at night in Lubbock would seem like a herculean task to some. It's not.

froginaustin

This is a myth.

Since we joined the Big 12 I'm pretty sure Tech has had the worst home field advantage of any team in the conference. It's either the worst or 2nd worst, maybe their performances in the last couple years dug them out the home field advantage cellar. You know where else is not a particularly tough place to play, if you look at actual results of games? Morgantown. And FWIW, Fort Worth as well, but you probably figured that already.

If you're good, you win games....and if you aren't, you don't. Where the game is played is of little importance, and that includes whether the game was at night or not. Winning at night in Lubbock would seem like a herculean task to some. It's not.

Night games in Lubbock, whether TTech is good or not, is a problem for visiting fans if not the visiting team because it seems to involve a higher risk of encountering gangs of drunk TTech fans that would like to fight (if the numbers are right for them, as they tend to be because it's their home stadium).

I have no data to back this up. Only anecdotes.

Frog Brother

Join the ridiculous BIg 12 Smack Talk board on Facebook.
It has a certain entertainment value. Strong hate brewing between Western Virginia fans and Cougar High fans. Lots of Pollyanna crap from BYU fans as they secretly scheme destroying their new conference home.....it's in their DNA.

BraveKnight

This is a myth.

I would assume Kansas has the worst, but yeah it doesn’t help that Texas Tech has sucked recently.