• The KillerFrogs

B12 Board

Eight

Used to love chatting with babes on AIM all night LOL

How I learned to type

napoleon-dynamite.gif

damn, paul throws out the perfect softball reply and it takes this long before someone brings up kip dynamite

this type of lack of focus is why we are going to get left behind people.....​

Eight

I hear you.

As a pastor though, there's something about BYU's Sunday Policy I find very refreshing. My church body has never been strict sabbatarians, but it just feels like in this world, no day is sacred anymore. I'm constantly battling with kids missing Christian education on Sundays because "Little Bobby's got to have his baseball game, and if we deny him, we'd be bad parents." It's good to see people fight to keep Sunday holy.

Heck, when I played High School football back in the early/mid 2000s Sunday was sacred, our coaches never called us in on Sunday's for team meetings or film study because that was "family day" as they called. Now it's changed there as well.

not a historian but wouldn't the mid 2000's be in another 500 years or so?

Froglaw

I have to agree with you somewhat here. Maybe it’s “good old days” syndrome or whatever but I miss the Sundays of my youth when nearly everything was closed and you spent the day with family and neighbors. Harder to do in a world that’s open 24/7 and everyone is hustling to just to get by.

We do our best to have a big family meal at home on Sunday and spend as much of the day together as possible.

But I don’t agree with BYU because I don’t like them.

Never trust a school that doesn’t drink.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
I know it. It's hard to swim against the current, because you end up having to go along because it's just where the momentum is.

I remember a couple of years ago, I showed my high school youth "Chariots of Fire." And the idea of not doing something on a Sunday was just alien to them. They had no frame of reference for it.

Major props to you for having a big family meal on Sunday. That's beautiful! Do the best you can to keep it, and bend but don't break when you have to.
1656850318935.gif

froginaustin

No one gives a scheiss about Texas Tech fans. They're some of the [ #2020 ]tiest humans on earth.

They're good for an easy win just about every fall, though, even when our team isn't any good.

Usually good for an easy win for just about everyone except their bodybag OOC games, after they threw out Leach. Spike Dykes' teams were a problem for TCU, IRRC.