• The KillerFrogs

B12 Board

LisaLT

I think they’ll stay until at least 2024, with a strong possibility of two years. At least we’ll get to see how Arch Manning does against our schools! Thanks for the warm welcome!
Absolutely. I am excited to have these additions to our conference. It can only make us better and more competitive I think.

Don’t mind the Debbie downers on here. I’m all for conference expansion. I think in a few years the new Big 12 will be on par with any of the other power 5. I know many may disagree but I have faith.

But [ Finebaum ] I’m a NY Yankee fan so I get a lot of [ Finebaum ] here anyhow.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
wait, you want us to talk with cougar and cincy?

no thanks, one group eat spaghetti sauce and call it chili and the other guys are complete aresholes, i am looking at you joseph duarte

You're a little confused about Cincy, they put "chili" on pasta and call it spaghetti.

Froglaw

Honestly I haven’t found any of the Houston fans to be overly obnoxious on that board. It’s more the Memphis and Tulsa fans that were bad for some reason. (And UCF fans sometimes if I’m being honest, although mostly our toxicity is directed at usf, uf, and fsu).

You guys are going to love away games in Lubbock.

After you beat their beloved Raiders, Tech fans will invite you back to their parking lot for group hugs and old time western campfire sing alongs.

You‘ll go home with a warm feeling and a new hope for mankind!

Fosterpark Squatter

After you beat their beloved Raiders, Tech fans will invite you back to their parking lot for group hugs and old time western campfire sing alongs.

I know you're being sarcastic but my expierence at Iowa State somewhat fits your description.

BraveKnight

Lol I’m not naive, I saw what happened to Chris Beard hahaha

vicarfrog

Exactly screws up rotations. And when the conference tournament will start.

I hear you.

As a pastor though, there's something about BYU's Sunday Policy I find very refreshing. My church body has never been strict sabbatarians, but it just feels like in this world, no day is sacred anymore. I'm constantly battling with kids missing Christian education on Sundays because "Little Bobby's got to have his baseball game, and if we deny him, we'd be bad parents." It's good to see people fight to keep Sunday holy.

Heck, when I played High School football back in the early/mid 2000s Sunday was sacred, our coaches never called us in on Sunday's for team meetings or film study because that was "family day" as they called. Now it's changed there as well.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I hear you.

As a pastor though, there's something about BYU's Sunday Policy I find very refreshing. My church body has never been strict sabbatarians, but it just feels like in this world, no day is sacred anymore. I'm constantly battling with kids missing Christian education on Sundays because "Little Bobby's got to have his baseball game, and if we deny him, we'd be bad parents." It's good to see people fight to keep Sunday holy.

Heck, when I played High School football back in the early/mid 2000s Sunday was sacred, our coaches never called us in on Sunday's for team meetings or film study because that was "family day" as they called. Now it's changed there as well.
I have to agree with you somewhat here. Maybe it’s “good old days” syndrome or whatever but I miss the Sundays of my youth when nearly everything was closed and you spent the day with family and neighbors. Harder to do in a world that’s open 24/7 and everyone is hustling to just to get by.

We do our best to have a big family meal at home on Sunday and spend as much of the day together as possible.

But I don’t agree with BYU because I don’t like them.

vicarfrog

I have to agree with you somewhat here. Maybe it’s “good old days” syndrome or whatever but I miss the Sundays of my youth when nearly everything was closed and you spent the day with family and neighbors. Harder to do in a world that’s open 24/7 and everyone is hustling to just to get by.

We do our best to have a big family meal at home on Sunday and spend as much of the day together as possible.

But I don’t agree with BYU because I don’t like them.

I know it. It's hard to swim against the current, because you end up having to go along because it's just where the momentum is.

I remember a couple of years ago, I showed my high school youth "Chariots of Fire." And the idea of not doing something on a Sunday was just alien to them. They had no frame of reference for it.

Major props to you for having a big family meal on Sunday. That's beautiful! Do the best you can to keep it, and bend but don't break when you have to.

asleep003

Don't care if BYU plays on Sunday's or not ... if they don't want to play a Sunday tie-in Bowl game... then next Big12 team up !

If they want to forfeit their Sunday conference basketball tournament game... good for them !