Austin event with CGP and CDC

gdu

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Apr 30 2010, 06:10 PM) [snapback]553323[/snapback]
You mean "The Floyd"?

lawson_floyd2.jpg

pic isn't working for me, but actually, the call it "The Case."

froginaustin

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 11:59 AM) [snapback]553309[/snapback]
So Floyd Casey Stadium's being rebuilt, too?

There's a thread on bf.com bellyaching about their stadium (actually there are dozens if not hundreds of such threads, but I'm referring to one particular thread that I contributed to), that got around to mentioning TCU's plans for a new stadium. A bunch of misinformation about what is about to happen at TCU was posted, so I posted a link to the contractor's web site with conceptual drawings not only of the new AGCS, but also of North Texas' new stadium and new stuff at A&M.

Some posters on bf.com are very touchy about other folks improving their stadium situations, but Baylor not. :biggrin:

gdu

I was a bit disspointed that they didn't have any new renderings of the stadium for us to check out in person.

Big Frog II

Some of our Baylor friends think we are only remodeling our stadium instead of rebuilding it. They would be mistaken. I believe someone named Yogi is the king of the misinformation posters about TCU.

This project will get done, and it will start this November. With a new stadium being built on top of back to back BcS Bowls, I would think our recruiting will be nothing short of phenomenal.

gdu

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Apr 30 2010, 07:04 PM) [snapback]553380[/snapback]
Some of our Baylor friends think we are only remodeling our stadium instead of rebuilding it. They would be mistaken. I believe someone named Yogi is the king of the misinformation posters about TCU.

This project will get done, and it will start this November. With a new stadium being built on top of back to back BcS Bowls, I would think our recruiting will be nothing short of phenomenal.

Give me a break. Kids don't care about that stuff. They want to be in a BCS conference. That's why the top players will continue to go to Baylor. Who needs actual BCS bowl games, on campus stadiums or wins.

Big Frog II

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 30 2010, 01:06 PM) [snapback]553381[/snapback]
Give me a break. Kids don't care about that stuff. They want to be in a BCS conference. That's why the top players will continue to go to Baylor. Who needs actual BCS bowl games, on campus stadiums or wins.

Ha ha!

Froggie1938

froginaustin - i'm afraid you corrected the baylorfans board with the wrong information, the info on the HKS website is old and NOT the current design that has been presented...

http://hks.hksinc.com/#/sports/experiences...57&id=album

if you havent seen the old design take a look at the website and then be glad at what a superior design they recently came up with.....it looks fairly similar but isnt at all

I'm applaud you for being able to withstand more than 5 minutes over on Baylorfans though

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Lomez @ Apr 30 2010, 10:17 AM) [snapback]553152[/snapback]
Hadn't previous reports said the new stadium was going to cost $200-$250 million? Or did I dream that?

That's the Allen HS stadium....

Big Frog II

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Apr 30 2010, 02:36 PM) [snapback]553492[/snapback]
That's the Allen HS stadium....

Does this include a scoreboard?

YA

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Apr 30 2010, 12:55 PM) [snapback]553306[/snapback]
Failing to get the stadium refurbished because of a lack of funding is not an option. They need to find a way to get it done. If we can't pull this off, we'll once again deserve whatever fate is dealt us when the big boys again decide who's going to play and who's not.

For all the BS that native normally posts--ANY delay in redo will hurts us in the next conference shuffle.

We either get the funds or put it into bond status to get the funds--but any delay shows lack of commitment and that hurts us. Perception is reality

gdu

QUOTE(YA @ Apr 30 2010, 09:29 PM) [snapback]553542[/snapback]
For all the BS that native normally posts--ANY delay in redo will hurts us in the next conference shuffle.

We either get the funds or put it into bond status to get the funds--but any delay shows lack of commitment and that hurts us. Perception is reality

Agreed. CGP/CDC said we were not going to bond this though.