• The KillerFrogs

Austin event with CGP and CDC

gdu

QUOTE(froglicious @ Apr 30 2010, 02:40 PM) [snapback]553121[/snapback]
Time will tell I guess. The trainers and lead doc mentioned Nov but what do they know. I would say let's wager but you are too big a poose for that so we will wait and see.

I don't wager on anything and it has nothing to do with being a poose. Why would I wager on something I have no control over and no inside knowledge on? I'm just telling you what CGP said and busting your balls a bit. Maybe you're friend is right.

gdu

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 30 2010, 02:47 PM) [snapback]553126[/snapback]
North endzone to get an upper deck in phase one... I like it! Gonna be one loud stadium.

Yup. I am surprised too. That seems like a LOT to do in one off season. Hope they find the extra money in time.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(TCU2002 @ Apr 30 2010, 08:03 AM) [snapback]553030[/snapback]
Car Wash!

0.jpg

If the Showgirls are involved, $30 million isn't out of the question. Especially if they offer the undercarriage scrub.

50FT FROG

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Apr 30 2010, 02:57 PM) [snapback]553131[/snapback]
If the Showgirls are involved, $30 million isn't out of the question. Especially if they offer the undercarriage scrub.

was hoping for a little hot wax myself :ph34r:

gdu

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 30 2010, 02:54 PM) [snapback]553130[/snapback]
Still find it odd that they only want big-boy donors right now. I guess the paperwork is easier that way.

Eh, I understand it. $1,000 here or there doesn't make a dent in $105M. And with the economy where it is, not worth asking everybody for their little bit, especially when they are going to have to pay more for tix in the new stadium. It would take too much time to raise $35M from small donors by the deadline.

There will be more fundraising nesc. to do the east side (I believe $30M was the number) and maybe that's when they will tap the smaller donors.

Lomez

Hadn't previous reports said the new stadium was going to cost $200-$250 million? Or did I dream that?

It seems like now they're saying $105 + $30 million. Have they scaled back the plans? We're not gonna end up with an aluminum erector-set stadium, are we?

talor

QUOTE(Lomez @ Apr 30 2010, 10:17 AM) [snapback]553152[/snapback]
It seems like now they're saying $105 + $30 million. Have they scaled back the plans? We're not gonna end up with an aluminum erector-set stadium, are we?

Aluminum > crumbling concrete

gdu

QUOTE(Lomez @ Apr 30 2010, 03:17 PM) [snapback]553152[/snapback]
Hadn't previous reports said the new stadium was going to cost $200-$250 million? Or did I dream that?

I'm just guessing here, but maybe the $105M is the amount nesc. to start construction and ticket prices, athletic department contribution, naming rights, etc... will cover the difference. They did indicate that this would be the first collegiate stadium of this expense not to be financed with bonds.

I have worried a bit about the erector set thing too, especially with as quick as they claim they are able to build the west side and north endzone with an upperdeck.

P

PM Productions

QUOTE(Lomez @ Apr 30 2010, 10:17 AM) [snapback]553152[/snapback]

Not getting cheaper, but definitely getting faster and more eco friendly... The next big news that is going to "break" is that the two new big buildings they are finishing (Scharbauer Hall and the new Admissions building) are being built with new eco friendly materials that are cheaper, not as durable, and will present some problems to durability in about 15 years... Im not sure if they have taken this strategy with the stadium, but it wouldn't surprise me at all...

gdu

QUOTE(PM Productions @ Apr 30 2010, 03:25 PM) [snapback]553163[/snapback]
Not getting cheaper, but definitely getting faster and more eco friendly... The next big news that is going to "break" is that the two new big buildings they are finishing (Scharbauer Hall and the new Admissions building) are being built with new eco friendly materials that are cheaper, not as durable, and will present some problems to durability in about 15 years... Im not sure if they have taken this strategy with the stadium, but it wouldn't surprise me at all...

I read that somewhere else. That seems like a Purple Geezer rant.

froginaustin

QUOTE(PM Productions @ Apr 30 2010, 09:25 AM) [snapback]553163[/snapback]

The eco-friendly part is nice.

Having finished building a residence in 2009, I can testify that usually eco-friendly means more expensive, not less. Particularly if "green" building inside the Austin City Limits is involved.

If the building is only going to last 15 years, I'd be offended if I were the Scharbauers. If I gave the money for froginaustin Hall and they built it out of paper mache or some such, I'd be disappointed to say the least.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 30 2010, 10:23 AM) [snapback]553160[/snapback]
I have worried a bit about the erector set thing too, especially with as quick as they claim they are able to build the west side and north endzone with an upperdeck.

Nah they are going with Dave Bloxom's Fab Crete. They install the Fab Crete panels same day they are delivered.

Big Frog II

Right now building materials and labor are as cheap as they have been for some time. Once the economy gets going again these costs will rise quickly. I believe this is another reason they want to build now to take advantage of the costs savings. This WILL NOT be a cheap stadium.

NativeFrog

Failing to get the stadium refurbished because of a lack of funding is not an option. They need to find a way to get it done. If we can't pull this off, we'll once again deserve whatever fate is dealt us when the big boys again decide who's going to play and who's not.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Apr 30 2010, 12:55 PM) [snapback]553306[/snapback]
Failing to get the stadium refurbished because of a lack of funding is not an option. They need to find a way to get it done. If we can't pull this off, we'll once again deserve whatever fate is dealt us when the big boys again decide who's going to play and who's not.

So Floyd Casey Stadium's being rebuilt, too?

gdu

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 05:59 PM) [snapback]553309[/snapback]

That was my first thought when I read that post, too.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 30 2010, 12:59 PM) [snapback]553309[/snapback]

You mean "The Floyd"?

3zdq6eei0ulyz3qu.jpg