• The KillerFrogs

Apparently Houston is “Considering” Going After Holgersen...lol

Wexahu

Difference is he can bring in the big time defensive talent he couldn’t at Tech if he’s at USC. Imagine the weapons on offense too with a Mahomes like QB. I think he could be very successful there.

You could say that about literally any coach. Why couldn't he win at Tech any more than his predecessors, and actually win less?

Dogfrog

What do you mean?

Not just this hire. After years in Houston I just got very tired of the occasional pressers with facilities artists renderings that never happened, the obvious butt hurt over B12 which I get but they need to earn it. I have no doubt they have convinced themselves if they hire Holgo and pay him $4M a big conference will take notice. Just some delusion and desperation IMO. Seriously just don’t like them.

Eight

Sometimes you read an op-ed and disagree with the conclusion, but can at least see where that person is coming from. This doesn't even get underlying facts right.

he is an aggie trying to pitch uh.

that alone should explain everything wrong with the article. v

FrogLifeYo

They have made a high profile hire for football, a known coach for basketball, made facility improvements and are competing at the upper levels of their league.

Sound familiar?

I’m not saying they are a perfect fit for the Big 12 but I am not going to laugh at their attempts to gain entry into the league.
The comedy is not in UHs desire to join the Big12. It’s the writers assertion that they are needed by the Big12...

MinFrog

They have made a high profile hire for football, a known coach for basketball, made facility improvements and are competing at the upper levels of their league.

Sound familiar?

I’m not saying they are a perfect fit for the Big 12 but I am not going to laugh at their attempts to gain entry into the league.

I will respect a school's hustle to leave the G5 and join a P5 conference. But the 'logic' of the article is laughable. Especially the end where it talks about 'IF' UH is offered enough of the pie.

Hell, the Big XII could tell uh it is getting half of its share for a decade and UH would jump.

Ron Swanson

Not just this hire. After years in Houston I just got very tired of the occasional pressers with facilities artists renderings that never happened, the obvious butt hurt over B12 which I get but they need to earn it. I have no doubt they have convinced themselves if they hire Holgo and pay him $4M a big conference will take notice. Just some delusion and desperation IMO. Seriously just don’t like them.
I don’t like them either but I think they are doing all the right things to give themselves their best shot of eventually getting invited to a P5 conference.

Whether they get invited or not, I have no idea, but I think they’re doing all they can.

Dogfrog

I don’t like them either but I think they are doing all the right things to give themselves their best shot of eventually getting invited to a P5 conference.

Whether they get invited or not, I have no idea, but I think they’re doing all they can.

I don’t like UH but if I’m honest my real worry is I just think adding a sixth Texas based P5 school is a huge mistake, whoever it is. Some of us old timers watched the SWC cannibalize itself into oblivion with 8 Texas members plus Arkansas. You will notice that most highly successful conferences are made up of members that dominate their state or maybe share with one in-state member. I get it that Texas has a bunch of players but many of the very best are going out of state. The abundance of P5 in Texas waters down recruiting and waters down individual game viewership. So liking Houston or not is really secondary IMO.

tcudoc

I don’t like UH but if I’m honest my real worry is I just think adding a sixth Texas based P5 school is a huge mistake, whoever it is.
source.gif

Eight

Sound familiar?

first, that basketball coach is a known cheater. not at one school, but two.

second, they hired little briles and if fertitta would have had his way art would be the coach at uh.

third, tcu did many good things to prepare for the invite, but bottom line is it took atm leaving the big 12 to garner and invite.

will everthing tcu had done, every game frogs had won, if the ags don't bolt for the sec we are in the very same conference as uh right now.

timing is everything and i have seen multiple people do everything right in business and not succeed simply because the timing wasn't right.

who leaves the big 12 to open the door for them? texas, if texas does leave whether we like it or not there is no big 12 because ou will follow and this conference can not sustain the loss of it two biggest name brands.