• The KillerFrogs

Apparently Houston is “Considering” Going After Holgersen...lol

BABYFACE

Not really

Holgorsen is good friends with the one guy who runs athletics at UH, Tilman Fertitta. He is their big donor, a billionaire and if he is willing to fund the buyouts, which is pocket change for him, then it stands a great chance of happening

Don’t laugh at this one

What you are saying is Holgo can be money whipped and the billionaire donor will fund it.

BABYFACE

i don't know why klif would take that job as i think he is in a great spot w usc. they can land as good a high school talent in regards to quarterbacks and wide recievers, if he turns around usc he is the hero, and why take the step; down to uh.

leach is not a program builder and while he might have the worst situation of the three in pullman in regards to facilities, budget etc... he is also in the best situation in pullman because they leave him alone.

There is something to be said about that pertaining to Leach’s situation. If he is content with it and gets to do his own thing, then yeah, why leave Pullman.

boonecountyman

Coach DH to UH could happen by Jan.1.Lots of message board talk on the 247wv board.DH buyout drops to $1M on the first and some say he and AD Lyons have never seen eye to eye.I like Dana and think our program has improved and the overall quality of athlete has improved.Our fanbase places some unrealistic expectations on a coach.Many can't distinguish between who we are and what they think we are.Dana has grown stale on much of the fan base.Like Wes said,Dana has a big friend in Houston.Logan graduated this year and has not committed to a school,so he could come along also.

netty2424

Coach DH to UH could happen by Jan.1.Lots of message board talk on the 247wv board.DH buyout drops to $1M on the first and some say he and AD Lyons have never seen eye to eye.I like Dana and think our program has improved and the overall quality of athlete has improved.Our fanbase places some unrealistic expectations on a coach.Many can't distinguish between who we are and what they think we are.Dana has grown stale on much of the fan base.Like Wes said,Dana has a big friend in Houston.Logan graduated this year and has not committed to a school,so he could come along also.
Few questions for a WVU fan:

1. Would the fan base be disappointed if he goes?
2. Any natural replacements that would slide right in?
3. Does WVU feel like they belong in Big12, or would they prefer/feel better served being in Big10/ACC?

Seems like some here have mentioned recruitinh to WVU is difficult relative to geographic location. Not agreeing/disagreeing, just curious.

boonecountyman

I can also add that Dana loses Grier,Sills,Jennings,Cajuste,Wesco from offense and Bigelow,Robinson,David Long,Askew-Henry who were key members from this years team

boonecountyman

Few questions for a WVU fan:

1. Would the fan base be disappointed if he goes?
2. Any natural replacements that would slide right in?
3. Does WVU feel like they belong in Big12, or would they prefer/feel better served being in Big10/ACC?

Seems like some here have mentioned recruitinh to WVU is difficult relative to geographic location. Not agreeing/disagreeing, just curious.
Fan base is probably split on this but there is lot's of disappointment among them.
I don't see any convenient replacement without a search.
I think the adjustment to the B12 teams/fans has been good but from a geographical view many would opt for the ACC.It would be less money for WVU but fans could travel easier.Renewing old rivalries might also be a factor but many have moved on from that era.
WVU still recruits states surrounding WV and have moved into Georgia heavy.Being in the B12 has helped in my opinion.

Wexahu

Fan base is probably split on this but there is lot's of disappointment among them.
I don't see any convenient replacement without a search.
I think the adjustment to the B12 teams/fans has been good but from a geographical view many would opt for the ACC.It would be less money for WVU but fans could travel easier.Renewing old rivalries might also be a factor but many have moved on from that era.
WVU still recruits states surrounding WV and have moved into Georgia heavy.Being in the B12 has helped in my opinion.

It definitely seems like it’s pretty inevitable that DHs time there is about up. It’s just run it’s course it appears. One more average season and he’ll be gone so might as well get out now.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Does WV try to bring back Rich Rodriguez that did have success there, or has his antics over the years finally caught up to him and no one will touch him now?

Fosterpark Squatter

He can win a national title at WVU, he can't do that at Houston. Until that changes, whatever theoreticaltheore he can make at Houston probably doesn't matter much.
U of H was probably going to be in the playoffs if they ran the table in 16 mainly since they played and beat OU. The main reason UCF hasn't come close to being considered is because of their lack of a good non conference win.

BABYFACE

I might risk being car jacked to go watch a few Holgo teams at UofH, provided there is no conflict with the Frogs.
I visited the UH campus with my oldest the past fall and that is really not the case anymore. The campus on the edge of DT and the surrounding area is fine with the exception of neighborhood behind the stadium side of campus.

The campus is village like and basically walled in. Almost everything a student would need is on campus and they can just walk or ride the shuttle to everything on campus . Pretty safe environment. However, if you were to go wondering off campus in the section behind the stadium, then that could get uncomfortable.