• The KillerFrogs

Another week, another victim. ESPN Outside the Lines: Baylor didn't investigate sex assault claim a

UnderToad

I found this part of the story interesting:

"The night of April 18, 2013, unfolded after a day of campus celebration. Baylor students had been out of classes that Thursday for Diadeloso, an annual school break each spring that has occurred since 1932. Parties abounded on and off campus.

According to Baylor investigatory documents, a police report, and multiple interviews conducted by Outside the Lines, several students gathered at Baylor player Oakman's apartment and began drinking vodka. Some smoked marijuana."

So . . . Oakman transfers to Baylor in July 2012 after he is kicked out of Penn State. He sits out 2012 per NCAA. Then, in April 2013, before he has ever played a down for Baylor, he hosts a party at his apartment where people are drinking vodka and smoking marijuana. His guests include 18 and 19 year old football players, and a girl who gets so intoxicated that she can't remember later events and subsequently was sexually assaulted by the two football players. 

And Oakman is disciplined? Nope. Oakman plays in all 13 games in 2013.

Aenima

TCUdirtbag said:

Your definition of "thug" could be a tomato for all I care, but no one cares about anyone's personal definition of anything.  The popular understanding of many word's meanings change from decade to decade.  There are plenty of examples of this.  In today's American culture, "thug" is more often than not used to negatively describe young black men (with no regard to their actual actions).  I don't care if people want to be crude or offensive or make a point or whatever.  You do you.  But functioning members of American society should reasonably understand that the modern meaning of "thug" (particularly in context of a topic discussion involving black college football players like Tevin Elliott, Sam Ukwuachu and Shawn Oakman) is unquestionably racially charged language.  So referring to "thug athletes" is poor form and charged with racial meaning. 

I'm sure the anti-PC police (who are just as awful as the miserable PC police) will want to come out of the woodwork for this comment.  I can't stand the PC rants or the anti-PC rants.  We can all be reasonable and live in the real world.  Say what you want among like-minded friends and in your home or whatever.  But let's avoid calling black athletes "thugs" on public pro-TCU sports forums.  And let's certainly not pretend like we don't know what words mean in 2016.  
Really? Only because it's what you make it. I call anyone a thug that is a thug no matter what color their skin is. Grew up in suburb with 99% white and thug was used for the appropriate people in community that acted like thugs.

Flying T

Tier 1
Baylor forgot that our football teams are our school's PR firms. Congrats Baylor, you're famous for rape and beating up on the likes of Buffalo and Lamar. No way in hell could I buy tickets and cheer for the collection of animals that is Baylor football if I were a BU alum.

Mean Purple

UnderToad said:

I found this part of the story interesting:

"The night of April 18, 2013, unfolded after a day of campus celebration. Baylor students had been out of classes that Thursday for Diadeloso, an annual school break each spring that has occurred since 1932. Parties abounded on and off campus.

According to Baylor investigatory documents, a police report, and multiple interviews conducted by Outside the Lines, several students gathered at Baylor player Oakman's apartment and began drinking vodka. Some smoked marijuana."

So . . . Oakman transfers to Baylor in July 2012 after he is kicked out of Penn State. He sits out 2012 per NCAA. Then, in April 2013, before he has ever played a down for Baylor, he hosts a party at his apartment where people are drinking vodka and smoking marijuana. His guests include 18 and 19 year old football players, and a girl who gets so intoxicated that she can't remember later events and subsequently was sexually assaulted by the two football players. 

And Oakman is disciplined? Nope. Oakman plays in all 13 games in 2013.

It gets even worse than that. Briles played the Armstead kid for 2 seasons after his sexual assault issue was reported to the university by Waco PD. Keep in mind that Title 9 requires BU to investigate when that claim comes in. Even if the PD don't charge it yet. BU did not investigate until they were making the news last August and Sept for the cover up we heard about then.

Mean Purple

The OTL report shows what a disgusting crap camp Baylor has become. It also shows how corrupt that program is. Looks like Waco PD notified bu of the rape allegation. And bu waited 2 years to investigate. An investigation required by title 9. And the only reason bu started the investigation then was because they were getting busted for the cover up related to the thug that got convicted just before the season.

Keep in mind that bu played Armstead for many games after they were aware of the sexual assault allegation.
Briles should be fired, as should the AD. Yes. But there needs to be a light shed on the power hungry booster and regent choads there. They will excuse any bad action. An AG indicted for securities fraud...no big deal to them. Players busted for rape and a coach who knows they are busted still keeps them on the team...no big deal to them. As long as the pukes get their box seats and can claim to be a big deal in Plano on Sundays, that's all they care about. Total frauds. They just make the crap up as they go along.

Disgusting.

TCUdirtbag said:
Hate to break it to you, but your implication that only sheltered kids and "thugs" (nice racist code language) are the only ones committing sexual assault is wrong.
Please stop. I called a white guy a thug on here once after he stabbed an African American TCU student, and some lib attorney went apeshit and accused me of being a racist. You see, lib attorney assumed the perp was black and victim was white, yet had the audacity to call ME the racist. You clowns are so desperate to find racism that you can no longer understand the meaning of words, all the while exposing yourselves as the racists.

Purp

gohornedfrogs said:
Please stop. I called a white guy a thug on here once after he stabbed an African American TCU student, and some lib attorney went apeshit and accused me of being a racist. You see, lib attorney assumed the perp was black and victim was white, yet had the audacity to call ME the racist. You clowns are so desperate to find racism that you can no longer understand the meaning of words, all the while exposing yourselves as the racists.
You calling me a thug?

TCUdirtbag

gohornedfrogs said:
Cool story. I never called anyone a racist. I cautioned against using the word "thug" in a context that makes it sound synonymous with "black."

You're entitled to your own opinion as to whether certain words are coated in crude racial insinuations. But so is everyone else. No need to take that and turn it into some political/professional/racism attack.

FrogSwagSurfin

TCUdirtbag said:

Your definition of "thug" could be a tomato for all I care, but no one cares about anyone's personal definition of anything.  The popular understanding of many word's meanings change from decade to decade.  There are plenty of examples of this.  In today's American culture, "thug" is more often than not used to negatively describe young black men (with no regard to their actual actions).  I don't care if people want to be crude or offensive or make a point or whatever.  You do you.  But functioning members of American society should reasonably understand that the modern meaning of "thug" (particularly in context of a topic discussion involving black college football players like Tevin Elliott, Sam Ukwuachu and Shawn Oakman) is unquestionably racially charged language.  So referring to "thug athletes" is poor form and charged with racial meaning. 

I'm sure the anti-PC police (who are just as awful as the miserable PC police) will want to come out of the woodwork for this comment.  I can't stand the PC rants or the anti-PC rants.  We can all be reasonable and live in the real world.  Say what you want among like-minded friends and in your home or whatever.  But let's avoid calling black athletes "thugs" on public pro-TCU sports forums.  And let's certainly not pretend like we don't know what words mean in 2016.  
Functioning members of society? Oh (What Maniac & Illini Frog Do together) off and you're being the PC bro police so save us you down the line imagine. Growing up Jewish and hanging out with my Jewish friends I know you're the know it all guy in the group that loves to stand on the horse but never backs up the (El Toro Waste) when it actually slaps you in the face.

I fully understand the current undertone that if a white person used the word they're subconsciously being racist. I never called a black athlete a thug so stop chasing the racist unicorn manufactured by overly sensitive libs and African Americans that profit off of stirring the pot.

Btw, I (mating between Steel & 2314) loved Bone-Thugs and Trick Daddy who never defined the would thug as this new racist phenomenon. Being a hypocrite is repulsive so people need to stop with the assuming racism.