• The KillerFrogs

Am I The Only One To Know or The Last One To Know….

CountryFrog

For everyone who doesn't like that anything negative at all is being said about GP - Let's just clear the air here. I highly doubt there are very many people at all on here who legitimately want Patterson to experience actual misery in his life. I don't think anyone suddenly hates Gary as a human being.

If he goes to Texas, Baylor, SMU, or Tech then it seems incredibly scheissing obvious what direction any sports hate would be pointed and what the reason for that would be. It's fairly ridiculous to me that some of you either can't understand that or are just feigning outrage to show your moral superiority.

froginmn

For everyone who doesn't like that anything negative at all is being said about GP - Let's just clear the air here. I highly doubt there are very many people at all on here who legitimately want Patterson to experience actual misery in his life. I don't think anyone suddenly hates Gary as a human being.

If he goes to Texas, Baylor, SMU, or Tech then it seems incredibly scheissing obvious what direction any sports hate would be pointed and what the reason for that would be. It's fairly ridiculous to me that some of you either can't understand that or are just feigning outrage to show your moral superiority.
I think there are some who sit very far on the extremes on this issue. There seem to be takes that wish him to fail, which I find odd and disagree with.

CountryFrog

I think there are some who sit very far on the extremes on this issue. There seem to be takes that wish him to fail, which I find odd and disagree with.
I think that wishing him to fail vs wishing him to fail AT TEXAS is an important distinction though. I think most of us wish failure on pretty much anyone and everyone down at the Austin [ Finebaum ] hole. I'd wish failure there on my own family unless it was my child. My children (and any future grandchildren I may have) will be the only exceptions to that rule.

But it's sports failure I'm rooting for. Not actual life failure.

MTfrog5

It’s a way for recently fired coaches who haven’t been offered a job they really want to stay in the game so to speak. At least that’s what it seems to be.

They’re around enough to pick up on some things and offer a little advice, probably not much more than that.
Just have a really hard time seeing GP trying not to take over with his personality. He could have gone and help his best buddy and a young DC if he wanted to at NMSU?

FrogBall09

It’s a way for recently fired coaches who haven’t been offered a job they really want to stay in the game so to speak. At least that’s what it seems to be.

They’re around enough to pick up on some things and offer a little advice, probably not much more than that.
Why do you assume he hasn’t been offered jobs?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I cannot see how he would fit in at UT. But, he is, like any of us would be, happy with taking their money.

He might give advice to Sark and Co. And, he might also report back to CDC in ways that might undermine Sark, should things go sideways early next season. Sark is already on the Deathwatch, and there's a lot of people in Austin that would like to see him fail so they can hire the latest Flavor of the Month.

FrogBall09

I think that wishing him to fail vs wishing him to fail AT TEXAS is an important distinction though. I think most of us wish failure on pretty much anyone and everyone down at the Austin [ #2020 ] hole. I'd wish failure there on my own family unless it was my child. My children (and any future grandchildren I may have) will be the only exceptions to that rule.

But it's sports failure I'm rooting for. Not actual life failure.
I think whisking him for fail regardless is where makes you small and petty

We fired him - at that point hoping any more failure on a person demonstrates a lack of character

Did you hate Cumbie?
Have you thought less of Kelsey since she quit on UT and became a frog?
Do you hope Big Z fails also?

FrogBall09

Why do I assume he hasn’t been offered a coaching job he really wants? Because he hasn’t taken one.

Did you read what I said?
He has been offered jobs but none he wanted to see seriously consider at this point - so I was just curious why you were so adamant when you are mistaken

Wexahu

He has been offered jobs but none he wanted to see seriously consider at this point - so I was just curious why you were so adamant when you are mistaken
I specifically said “coaches who haven’t been offered a job THEY REALLY WANT”.

What do you think that means exactly? If GP was offered a job he wanted, he wouldn’t be considering an analyst position at UT.

ECoastFrog

LOL. We'll see what GP does. Surely he sees that UT is where coaches go to ruin their careers. If he does this analyst thing, I bet he'll find a way to dodge all of the psychosocial muck that defines UT, and have a good time offering his opinion.

He was really good when analyzing/calling a game (for ESPN?) several years ago. He also dominated all the other HCs in the broadcasting booth, which was pretty funny.

He would be hilarious at UT, refusing to care about the BMDs or the other coaches' opinions. And if they ask him to do a press conference, UT deserves what they would get. I, for one, hope he does it. It would be so entertaining.

Wexahu

LOL. We'll see what GP does. Surely he sees that UT is where coaches go to ruin their careers. If he does this analyst thing, I bet he'll find a way to dodge all of the psychosocial muck that defines UT, and have a good time offering his opinion.

He was really good when analyzing/calling a game (for ESPN?) several years ago. He also dominated all the other HCs in the broadcasting booth, which was pretty funny.

He would be hilarious at UT, refusing to care about the BMDs or the other coaches' opinions. I, for one, hope he does it. It would be so entertaining.
My guess is very few people will really even know he is down there. It’ll be mostly a non-story.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

We fired him - at that point hoping any more failure on a person demonstrates a lack of character

Did you hate Cumbie?
Are you slow? You have to pick a side. It's either GP at texas or TCU. It can't be both.

If GP is successful in whatever his role is at ut, then that's bad for TCU (while ut is still in the big12).

It's nothing personal against Gary, like Country said, it's just sports hate.

Pharm Frog

Did you hate Cumbie?

Don’t hate Cumbie but wish him total failure now that he’s not at TCU unless a circumstance arises where his success benefits the Frogs. I wish failure on many, many sports-related persons who’s success would have a negative impact on the Frogs. I don’t think this shows anything close to a lack of character. In fact, I think the opposite…principled rooting interest. Not sure who is meant by Big Z is but suspecting that it’s Fitch. If so, yes….hope he fails in staggering ways in Lubbock. I also hope Joey McGuire fails and I don’t know if he’s ever been on the TCU campus in any capacity other than a competitor. I hope both Joey and Zarnell succeed in limited amounts to the extent that their success benefits the Frogs. Not so sure why this is hard to comprehend or is even debatable but that’s fine.

geefrogs

Sounds like a chill gig. Can analysts participate on GameDays? They aren't on the field. They aren't in the booth either, right?

I really don't know where analyst's sit in the pecking order on actual GameDays

I'm sure he will love the live music down there, probably get a set at SXSW. I'll go listen.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Sounds like a chill gig. Can analysts participate on GameDays? They aren't on the field. They aren't in the booth either, right?

I really don't know where analyst's sit in the pecking order on actual GameDays

I'm sure he will love the live music down there, probably get a set at SXSW. I'll go listen.
Well, that's sort of the beauty of being an analyst: You get to name your job description and demand bennies representative of your projected value to the program. Since Patterson is clearly a savant, the UT folks (and CDC) place his value up there in low Earth orbit, if not beyond, and will grant him damned near anything he wants just to tell them where they are screwing up ("Everywhere. Now, gimme another bag of money..."). I am truly unsure of the degree of guile that Patterson possesses, but would think it low given his deep sense of fairness and respect for the game. Yet, considering that he would be making demands of people who are, in large part, responsible for destroying the game that he loves, one hopes that he does what he can to not only enrich himself at their expense, but crush their schemes from the inside while doing so.

FrogCop19

Well, that's sort of the beauty of being an analyst: You get to name your job description and demand bennies representative of your projected value to the program. Since Patterson is clearly a savant, the UT folks (and CDC) place his value up there in low Earth orbit, if not beyond, and will grant him damned near anything he wants just to tell them where they are screwing up ("Everywhere. Now, gimme another bag of money..."). I am truly unsure of the degree of guile that Patterson possesses, but would think it low given his deep sense of fairness and respect for the game. Yet, considering that he would be making demands of people who are, in large part, responsible for destroying the game that he loves, one hopes that he does what he can to not only enrich himself at their expense, but crush their schemes from the inside while doing so.
I know it's funny to think, but I don't believe CGP's ethics and morals would allow him to purposely submarine a program who hired him. His ego might inadvertently make it happen, but I think too highly of him as a person to believe him capable of deliberate sabotage.

Eight

He would be hilarious at UT, refusing to care about the BMDs or the other coaches' opinions. And if they ask him to do a press conference, UT deserves what they would get. I, for one, hope he does it. It would be so entertaining.

why would an analyst be part of a press conference ?

don't ever recall michael huff being part of any press conference as well as any of the prior staffs

gary was great in the semi-final game which involved ou as it was quite obvious gary had spent a ton of time watching ou film. he wasn't near as good in the other games and continually talked over the top of everyone. metaphor in there somewhere

do think if gary puts his mind too it he can and would do a great job breaking down the tape, but right now this is pete k and choate's defense and ironically they have the very same problem game had in the way they play their defensive ends and stopping power running teams.