• The KillerFrogs

2024 Recruiting Thread

Eight

yes, i know what i am about to post is on a 2023 recruit and a basketball recruit at that, but screw it, i am too lazy to check if there is a basketball recruiting thread and not like this thread has been on the straight and narrow during its 12-page life span

frog basketball recruit jace posey has completed his high school basketball career and is currently participating in his second sport

posey is a high jumper and has cleared 7' in both meets so far this year while 7' is an impressive height it isn't his career best.

posey is the defending 6a (hope that works for ticketfrog) high jump champion with a personal best of 7' 4.25"

no idea about his ball handling skills, his willingness to defend, or his ability to shot from behind the arc but the guy can jump

yes, i know what i am about to post is on a 2023 recruit and a basketball recruit at that, but screw it, i am too lazy to check if there is a basketball recruiting thread and not like this thread has been on the straight and narrow during its 12-page life span

frog basketball recruit jace posey has completed his high school basketball career and is currently participating in his second sport

posey is a high jumper and has cleared 7' in both meets so far this year while 7' is an impressive height it isn't his career best.

posey is the defending 6a (hope that works for ticketfrog) high jump champion with a personal best of 7' 4.25"

no idea about his ball handling skills, his willingness to defend, or his ability to shot from behind the arc but the guy can jump
7’ 4.25” for a high school junior is salty. Reminds me of Horned Frog great Spencer Sunstrum. He won the state championship his junior year in HS, highest level A in Texas, and was over 7’ but I don’t think he ever hit 7’ 4”, even at TCU. He kept jumping at TCU but football is not conducive to high jumping in the off season.

Eight

7’ 4.25” for a high school junior is salty. Reminds me of Horned Frog great Spencer Sunstrum. He won the state championship his junior year in HS, highest level A in Texas, and was over 7’ but I don’t think he ever hit 7’ 4”, even at TCU. He kept jumping at TCU but football is not conducive to high jumping in the off season.

state record is 7' 7" by andre manson of brenham

will be interesting to see if he can hit that mark, especially as a guy who isn't completely focused on the technical side of the event

state record is 7' 7" by andre manson of brenham

will be interesting to see if he can hit that mark, especially as a guy who isn't completely focused on the technical side of the event
Manson’s 7’ 7” is not just the Texas record, that is the all time High School record for the US. Manson did that the summer after he graduated.

If the kid jumps 7’ 5”, he will be in the Top 10 in US high school history. You are talking James Lott territory there.

Eight

Manson’s 7’ 7” is not just the Texas record, that is the all time High School record for the US. Manson did that the summer after he graduated.

If the kid jumps 7’ 5”, he will be in the Top 10 in US high school history. You are talking James Lott territory there.

former refugio bobcat, texas longhorn, and if i am not mistaken cousin of one of the great names of south texas football, willie mack garza

damn, between lotto, willie mack, and toya jones, refugio put out a few elite athletes for a small town

Can he make a free throw?

2themax

former refugio bobcat, texas longhorn, and if i am not mistaken cousin of one of the great names of south texas football, willie mack garza

damn, between lotto, willie mack, and toya jones, refugio put out a few elite athletes for a small town
Strong bloodlines and tremendous pride in hs athletic traditions. Most notably in fb and t&f.
Best friends with Lott in hs. Amazing athlete.
We practically raised Mack on sandlot fb. Grandmother lived 2 doors down (he spent tons of time there).
He would literally beg the older guys to come out and throw the fb with him. He had an older brother who was actually better than him. Problem was he wasn't too interested in academics.
Dated Toya's sister in hs. His entire family were gifted athletes. Big kid with lots of speed.
He was a much better track athlete than fb.
Of the 3 I would say Lott was the most gifted.
Latest standout is Ernest (Flash) Campbell.
He too is probably going to be better at t&f.
Speed kills in fb though so you never know.

Eight

Strong bloodlines and tremendous pride in hs athletic traditions. Most notably in fb and t&f.
Best friends with Lott in hs. Amazing athlete.
We practically raised Mack on sandlot fb. Grandmother lived 2 doors down (he spent tons of time there).
He would literally beg the older guys to come out and throw the fb with him. He had an older brother who was actually better than him. Problem was he wasn't too interested in academics.
Dated Toya's sister in hs. His entire family were gifted athletes. Big kid with lots of speed.
He was a much better track athlete than fb.
Of the 3 I would say Lott was the most gifted.
Latest standout is Ernest (Flash) Campbell.
He too is probably going to be better at t&f.
Speed kills in fb though so you never know.

thanks for the background, great stories

lott was an insane athlete that i recall and a friend whose opinion on these things i respect felt the only other better athlete to play in the texas secondary during that stretch they had of great db's was jerry gray

saw toya run/jump at the relays and state track meet. correct me if i am wrong, but believe he holds or is tied for most medals won over his high school career at state meet

never saw him play in football in hs, was told he just didn't have a feel for game and have the agility and such that made lott such a great corner

as for campbell, you can make a very good living these days as a top tier track athlete, knighton kid from florida turned pro in high school

allen has a soph who is about to break 21 this season in the 200m and 46 in the 400m

82 Frog Fever

I worked with Spencer’s mom for about 10 years and he was a fraternity brother.
Very nice family.

2themax

thanks for the background, great stories

lott was an insane athlete that i recall and a friend whose opinion on these things i respect felt the only other better athlete to play in the texas secondary during that stretch they had of great db's was jerry gray

saw toya run/jump at the relays and state track meet. correct me if i am wrong, but believe he holds or is tied for most medals won over his high school career at state meet

never saw him play in football in hs, was told he just didn't have a feel for game and have the agility and such that made lott such a great corner

as for campbell, you can make a very good living these days as a top tier track athlete, knighton kid from florida turned pro in high school

allen has a soph who is about to break 21 this season in the 200m and 46 in the 400m
Lott was more of a safety in my eyes. 7'4" high jumper, 24+ ft long jumper in hs. Really good hurdler too. Very intelligent individual.
Brian Bonner's mom grew up next door. She moved and raised him in a neighboring town (Beeville). His uncles, cousins and bros were very good athletes too.
Dana Robinson's family lived around the corner on the next block.
We're all still connected through our families.
Lots of stories in that little town.