• The KillerFrogs

2024 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Lott was more of a safety in my eyes. 7'4" high jumper, 24+ ft long jumper in hs. Really good hurdler too. Very intelligent individual.
Brian Bonner's mom grew up next door. She moved and raised him in a neighboring town (Beeville). His uncles, cousins and bros were very good athletes too.
Dana Robinson's family lived around the corner on the next block.
We're all still connected through our families.
Lots of stories in that little town.

connected indeed, as is refugio to recent football teams through ty slanina

82 Frog Fever

6 crystal balls for Hauss Hejny to TCU today.
I liked this interview.
Hauss talked in glowing terms about how he fits in at TCU and his relationship with the coaches; then when asked about his BU visit, he just said I have a good relationship & I believe in what they’re doing.

Eight

this is about a potential 2025 recruit and not really cutting edge recruiting information, but i was talking to a friend earlier today who coaches in the metroplex area

he mentioned a defensive line prospect to watch the next year or so who plays for mansfield summit, named travis buhake

the friend mentioned he is a soph and has a best of over 59' in the shot this year which is impressive for a guy going in the area of 240

again, no real inside info, but thought i would share the name here, clip from his sophomore season

2themax

this is about a potential 2025 recruit and not really cutting edge recruiting information, but i was talking to a friend earlier today who coaches in the metroplex area

he mentioned a defensive line prospect to watch the next year or so who plays for mansfield summit, named travis buhake

the friend mentioned he is a soph and has a best of over 59' in the shot this year which is impressive for a guy going in the area of 240

again, no real inside info, but thought i would share the name here, clip from his sophomore season

Doesn't look like he's a soph or 240. Wow!
Keep us posted.

82 Frog Fever

Can't say any of these would fit the role offered at TCU, but you never know...
The spring portal window seems problematic.
Most of the players opting in will be ones who are not happy with their ranking in the two deep depth chart.
If a QB was really close in their depth chart battle and confident in their abilities, why would they leave before the final fall battle?
Most mid to lower ranked QBs in the spring portal will be ones who have handily lost their depth chart battle and the few higher ranked QBs may be on an NIL search.
It won‘t be easy, but hopefully Sonny and KB can score one here.

Eight

haus henjy had a productive day on the 13th as he won the 100M (ran 10.9 in prelims) and anchored the winning 4 x 200M relay at aledo's district meet (PLEASE NOTE THIS WAS NOT A 6A MEET OR THE HALF OF 5A THAT FACES COLLEGE TALENT) aledo's 4x 400M (which is anchored by haus) finished 2nd to advance and the 4 x100 was disqualified