• The KillerFrogs

2024 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Ended the season top 4 with a CFP win and we’re excited about a 3-star QB committed to Duke?

Pass.

first, if the staff believe he fits the offense, then yes, his commitment would be a good thing

second, one season doesn't change the way the program is perceived by everyone and there is still work to do done in recruiting and on the field

a very big reason why being competitive and winning as many games as possible is important this year

Last edited:

Eight

247 and rivals are the only sites that people trend to reference. He’s not top 10 there

you are correct, he is a top 50 qb prostpect and i suspect a part of that is the height.

again, the staff wants him, he does have some raw tools, an if they think he fits in this offense then so be it.

82 Frog Fever

Is he a Downing type of QB? Emergency third string?

If so - fine. If he’s our starter - we are getting boat raced by BYU and UCF
That’s completely ignorant.
You’ve already shown how little you know, yet you continue to dig a deeper hole.
Last I looked Hejny was ranked 40th by your 247 people, and the big majority they ranked ahead of him are not dual threat QBs, and don’t have the skills needed to run this offense. If it was just a dual threat ranking, he’d be about 15th nationally.
You didn’t even know he existed until I posted, yet you’re more than willing to throw out these moronic comments.

ticketfrog123

That’s completely ignorant.
You’ve already shown how little you know, yet you continue to dig a deeper hole.
Last I looked Hejny was ranked 40th by your 247 people, and the big majority they ranked ahead of him are not dual threat QBs, and don’t have the skills needed to run this offense. If it was just a dual threat ranking, he’d be about 15th nationally.
You didn’t even know he existed until I posted, yet you’re more than willing to throw out these moronic comments.
Im aware he existed. He’s ranked down by a couple of Vanderbilt QB commits.

Quick - dig a deeper hole and tell me how great Briles is at recruiting QBs

82 Frog Fever

Im aware he existed. He’s ranked down by a couple of Vanderbilt QB commits.

Quick - dig a deeper hole and tell me how great Briles is at recruiting QBs
Yup, more stupidity.
Briles arrived at TCU after the portal closed and 1 week before signing day.
If KB lands Hejny, who was committed to Duke, he’s had a very successful 60 days.

Hejny has a great arm and might be the fastest QB out there, he’s definitely faster than Lagway and is as fast or faster than Michael Hawkins. A 60%+ passer with 3,400 all purpose yards & 35 TDs last year.
The only reason he’s ranked behind Hawkins is cause he’s 2 inches shorter.

Eight

Yup, more stupidity.
If KB lands Hejny, who was committed to Duke, he’s had a very successful 60 days.

Hejny has a great arm and might be the fastest QB out there, he’s definitely faster than Lagway and is as fast or faster than Michael Hawkins. A 60%+ passer with 3,400 all purpose yards & 35 TDs last year.

henjy's speed is legit as he went sub 10.7 last year and went under 10.8 on two other occasions last spring. checking the site i do for track times, he has posted an individual event time this year and instead run legs on aledo's 4x100, 4x200, and 4x400 relays

will link his junior highlights at the end of this post and when you go 80+ yards against ryan you have legit speed

think two other things 82 have impacted his rating aside from his height.

first, he did struggle in the first two starts of the season in games that i think were his first two starts at quarterback for aledo. he got better over the year and threw the ball very well in their two wins over centenniel who had a pretty solid defense last year

second, he didn't post big numbers throwing the ball because aledo didn't thrwo much last year, hauss averaged around 12 throws a game and never threw more than 19 times in any one game. when you look at the numbers, especially after the first two games of the year he was very productive in the passing game

this is a case of not recruiting based upon what you see right now, but projecting ahead based upon the tools

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

Yup, more stupidity.

Briles doesn’t have a history of recruiting good QBs since Baylor.

Are you saying Hejny is a better passer than Hawkins?

Isn’t Aledo the school that recruits kids and beats up on a really weak division? They got whipped by Denton Guyer for a reason.

y2kFrog

Briles doesn’t have a history of recruiting good QBs since Baylor.

Are you saying Hejny is a better passer than Hawkins?

Isn’t Aledo the school that recruits kids and beats up on a really weak division? They got whipped by Denton Guyer for a reason.
Denton Ryan was in their district last year and Henjy was 10-13 for 151 and also had 13 carries for 132 yards.

Latest posts