• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

Nick Danger

Have any of our recruiting guru's offered up an explanation as to what happened with Reuben Owens? :confused:
One day we were in the lead and Louisville was considered fourth, at least by his own words.

Then he took a visit to Louisville where he got to see all the local "attractions" like a horse race track and the memorable Muhammad Ali Museum :rolleyes:, and then the next day, he announces, as if by magic, he's going to Louisville?!

He was even supposed to take another visit to TCU the following Monday, that he had scheduled after his visit! Did he ever show up for that? All the usual sources have remained surprisingly reticent to comment on this high profile turn-of-events!

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Have any of our recruiting guru's offered up an explanation as to what happened with Reuben Owens? :confused:
One day we were in the lead and Louisville was considered fourth, at least by his own words.

Then he took a visit to Louisville where he got to see all the local "attractions" like a horse race track and the memorable Muhammad Ali Museum :rolleyes:, and then the next day, he announces, as if by magic, he's going to Louisville?!

He was even supposed to take another visit to TCU the following Monday! Did he ever show up for that? All the usual sources have remained surprisingly reticent to comment on this high profile turn-of-events!
$$$$$$$$$$

Nick Danger

Nick,
He is a high school kid. What other explanation do you need?
So, I take it the answer to my question is NO! So what explanation did this "kid" offer up to the TCU coaches? Or did he even bother? Was that why he was supposedly coming back to Fort Worth that Monday? Did the father just leave the decision up to his son's whim?

Last edited:

Eight

So what explanation did this "kid" offer up to the TCU coaches? Or did he even bother? Was that why he was supposedly coming back to Fort Worth that Monday? Did the father just leave the decision up to his son?

if there is one certainty about any aspect of the recruiting of reuben owens it is that his father left any decisions up to the son

LisaLT

I can tell you he's moved on ... and isn't thinking about us at all...
But my point is a car like that to a kid who has probably never driven more than a regular economy car is asking for trouble. I feel bad for some of these kids. They are suddenly thrust into situations they have no experience dealing with and sometimes the wrong people influencing them. These aren’t pros. These are teenagers. And even pros get into trouble. Ok I’m done.

Eight

But my point is a car like that to a kid who has probably never driven more than a regular economy car is asking for trouble. I feel bad for some of these kids. They are suddenly thrust into situations they have no experience dealing with and sometimes the wrong people influencing them. These aren’t pros. These are teenagers. And even pros get into trouble. Ok I’m done.

this case isn't about the kid, this is about dad.

he was also the one behind the steering wheel in the car while the kid was on his phone

suspect there is a very good reason that texas and atm checked out on this kid

Last edited:

HornyWartyToad

this case isn't about the kid, this is about dad.

he was also the one behind the steering wheel in the car while the kid was on his phone

suspect there is a very good reason that texas and atm checked on this kid
Yup, one look at that tiktok is enough to know that situation is a train wreck looking for a place to happen

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
fairly certain there are no mechanics in el campo who can even open the hood on a ferrari

might be where there f1 team recruits engineers but that is another story for another thread
Lamborghini. ("Strong. Like Bull.") And no, no one in El Campo would know what to do with it, other than shoot it and try to figure out how to clean it before cooking...

Eight

Lamborghini. ("Strong. Like Bull.") And no, no one in El Campo would know what to do with it, other than shoot it and try to figure out how to clean it before cooking...

but lamborghini made their bones bulding tractors which is perfect for el campo and the story about their engineers literally taping cotton to the prototypes of the countach and driving it to check the aero's fits as well

p.s. if you are signing for a car take the ferrari over the lambo and personally a senna over the ferrari because lambo's are the range rover of super cars