• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Eight

I think anyone who really looks at the transfer portal will find it isn’t exactly littered with a bunch of difference makers. Maybe before Feb that will change but right now it not exactly chocked full of quality. I hope our coaches are eagerly looking but if they are hoping to build a winner there they might be in trouble.

i think right now if the frogs are looking at the transfer portal you are going to find guys who can't play for at least a year so not exactly immediate help.

there are some prospects, but those are guys who will have to sit a year.

spring will be the time when you see more grad transfers available and i think if the frogs do have an interest in that market that is when you see that activity

CryptoMiner

Either way the present ranking is due to it being small right now. For whatever reason it’s unbelievably quiet on the recruiting front right now.

Probably an overreaction on my part but currently we have 21 openings if everyone sticks that hasn't already announced. That alone would not be a small class but then add the expected departures and probably 2 more injury related departures and who else may leave I expect this class will approach if not exceed 25 but that would include one or two possible transfers in.

PO Frog

I will be extremely disappointed if the only change in the off-season is to bring in Morris as either an analyst or after canning SC as the OC. No offensive mastermind worth his salt puts the offense out there that Arkansas did this year whether he was calling plays or not.

Froggish

I can’t imagine any decent QB would commit with the potential OC’s 4 star son on the roster

Well maybe but you have 2ea 4stars here right now and one of them is by all accounts, barring injury or a shocking decline, going to be the man for the next 3 years. A program should concentrate on building competition at every position. In my opinion the reason we haven’t been as good as we need to be at positions like WR and DE is we haven’t looked a kid in the eye and said if you drop one more ball or give up on one more route/play your dropping to the bottom of the depth chart. Competition and depth is what makes programs build winning cultures.

To speak to your point..If a QB recruit doesn’t want to come in here and compete because of perceived nepotism, then so be it. I just don’t see a situation like that arising if GP manages his coaches like he’s supposed to.

Froggish

I will be extremely disappointed if the only change in the off-season is to bring in Morris as either an analyst or after canning SC as the OC. No offensive mastermind worth his salt puts the offense out there that Arkansas did this year whether he was calling plays or not.
Curious what amount a change would satisfy you?..Are you talking a complete cleaning house on the offensive side? If so I can 100% tell you that won’t happen