• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

Purp

I hadn’t mentioned it on here yet. And yes, we are having a boy.

She just turned 2 so we are trying to explain the concept to her. She has a general idea that something is happening with a baby coming and mommy’s tummy, but I’m not sure she grasps the concept of siblings.
My oldest was about 3 1/2 when we were explaining to him that he had a sibling coming. He said he wanted a sister, which suggested he had a good idea what was coming, but he really didn't get how it would change his life. The middle one was about 18 months when we explained to him that mommy was having a sister. He knew right away what that meant for him and I think it's b/c he'd only known life with a sibling. Apparently all kids react differently when siblings come home, but my boys were immediately enamored when their baby siblings came home. It's great watching them with each other early on. Very gratifying.

Congrats again Ron.

Ron Swanson

That early run could be enormous with Cole on the mound.
Cole made me sweat more than I’d have liked in the bottom of the first. Luckily he didn’t have to throw too many pitches all things considered.

Hopefully he settles in here (although it’s not like they hit him hard)

FBallFan123

LeMahieu and Judge both single to start the bottom of the 1st, and the Yankees actually loaded the bases at one point, but they don't score.

Gardner fly out
Encarnacion pop out
Torres walk
Gregorius ground out

Billy Clyde

I love that people are so worried about the Astros copping the pitches. Any energy the Yankees spend on worrying about that, they aren't spending on winning the game.

Ron Swanson

I love that people are so worried about the Astros copping the pitches. Any energy the Yankees spend on worrying about that, they aren't spending on winning the game.
I’m not sure about the one that Reddick got, but the pitch Altuve got him on was a concrete mixer.

It’s possible it was tipped, but either way it was a bad pitch.

FBallFan123

Yeah, I can't watch the game right now so I'm just following through the MLB website and twitter, but looking at the clips of the two home runs, I just don't see a lot of break in those sliders.

Maybe he is tipping his pitches, or maybe it's just in Severino's head at this point...either way, he's at 62 pitches through 2 innings and should be out of the game soon.

Eight

if anyone hears beeping noise after that last inning it is merely the brinks' trucks lining up for cole.

holy [ Finebaum ]....dude struggles a bit with control, game has a half hour delay due to an umpire injury and he simply drops 7 shut out innings on the yanks in the bronx in his first championship series start.

unfreaking real