• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

Billy Clyde

I'd use him before Game 7 if he's available, especially on full rest. Game 6 would be Saturday so it would be one day early if he went in game 6, but I'd still consider it. If you have a chance to win the series in Game 6 at home you throw your best guy and go win the series in 6. He's the best pitcher going in the game right now.

I hate that idea if it's on short rest. I know it's done a lot in playoff ball, but I swear it seems like every time the Stros have done it in their entire history it's backfired on them. I'd be especially reluctant because Cole has never gone on short rest, and because he didn't have his best command last night- The entire time he was in there it felt like they were on the verge of getting to him. But yeah, if they can do it on normal rest because of rainouts, then sure.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I have tickets to that potential game

Hope you get to see the game played.

My once-in-a-lifetime chance to attend a World Series game happened in 1983.

Got a ticket through the Pentagon to attend Game 6 in Baltimore.

The Orioles won the series in Game 5 on the road in Philadelphia.

Ron Swanson

I don't get the Joe Buck hate. People, in general, make way too much of a deal about who is calling the game.
I have figured out what it is I think. Joe Buck is one of those announcers who just brags over the top about both teams. When he does it for your team, fans think of it as just him being a factual game commentator doing his job. When he does it for the other team, fans think he is in love with the other team and is actively rooting for them to decimate your team.

I have zero issue with Joe Buck, but half the people I know thinks he hates the Astros and loves the Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers (and hopefully soon the Nationals).

For the most part, sports fans think everyone is out to get them.

Ron Swanson

I'd use him before Game 7 if he's available, especially on full rest. Game 6 would be Saturday so it would be one day early if he went in game 6, but I'd still consider it. If you have a chance to win the series in Game 6 at home you throw your best guy and go win the series in 6. He's the best pitcher going in the game right now.
No, you have to wait until he’s on full rest.

Ron Swanson

Hope you get to see the game played.

My once-in-a-lifetime chance to attend a World Series game happened in 1983.

Got a ticket through the Pentagon to attend Game 6 in Baltimore.

The Orioles won the series in Game 5 on the road in Philadelphia.
My buddy won the ticket lottery in 2005 when we played the White Sox in the World Series. We had tickets to game 5 and got swept.