• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

PO Frog

i definitely agree on harper. i don't know of any golfer with a violent swing whose body holds up over time and i don't see why it will be any different with bryce.

with trout the only guy i can think of who played baseball and was that big, that fast, and played anywhere near with the abandon was bo jackson and he isn't a good indicator simply because of the misdiagnosed hip injury that ended two careers.

i just now trout has to put a pretty good stress on the joints and connective tissue being that big and throwing himself around.
I have never heard of a misdiagnosis regarding his hip. He dislocated it on the tackle and got avascular necrosis which is a complicating condition associated with hip dislocations. I dislocated my hip in 7th grade and that was a big worry but it didn’t happen thank goodness. Not sure there is anything you can do about it whether you diagnose it or not.

Eight

I have never heard of a misdiagnosis regarding his hip. He dislocated it on the tackle and got avascular necrosis which is a complicating condition associated with hip dislocations. I dislocated my hip in 7th grade and that was a big worry but it didn’t happen thank goodness. Not sure there is anything you can do about it whether you diagnose it or not.

bo has told the story thst he told the medical staff he felt his hip popped out and back in place. think it was more a subluxation instead of true dislocation and i don't know if it would have matteted, but he did not get immediate treatment for the injury

hometown frog

Not comparing their talent with Oakland but if the A's can do what they did last year with what they had, there's no reason why Texas can't flirt with .500 all year.
Interested to see how Woody does as skipper. He’s fully committed to the analytics side of baseball so they will finally have a head coach that matches the front office mentally.

He’s also been known for getting respect from the guys in the clubhouse out in LA as well. So I tend to agree w your estimate as both of those factors should get them a few games somewhere.

FBallFan123

Not comparing their talent with Oakland but if the A's can do what they did last year with what they had, there's no reason why Texas can't flirt with .500 all year.

Yeah, you look at the A's last year and they got very fortunate/lucky with their starting pitching....guys like Trevor Cahill and Brett Anderson stayed pretty healthy and exceeded expectations.

If something happens like that for the Rangers, and maybe they get at least a couple bounce-back years out of the group of Lance Lynn, Edinson Volquez, Drew Smyly, Shelby Miller, then they can do alright.

There's wins available in the American League...it's still very top heavy with the Yankees, Red Sox, Indians and Astros. There's one wild card spot that's in play with the likes of A's, Rays, Angels and maybe a surprise team.

Speaking of the A's....I think they have a significant step back this season. I don't see how they have the same fortune with starting pitching they had in '18. Cahill went to the Angels, Anderson isn't likely going to stay healthy, Manaea is already out for season with injury, and their top two pitching prospects (Puk, Luzardo) are currently down with injuries...Puk had Tommy John, and Luzardo, who was pitching great in spring training and arguably the top left handed pitching prospect in baseball, has already had TJ before is now out 4-6 weeks with shoulder problems.

FBallFan123

Update on Bryan Holaday...

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-marlins/fl-sp-marlins-20190322-story.html

Sun Sentinel said:
Either Bryan Holaday or Chad Wallach will serve as the backup catcher this season. While Wallach has missed extended time with a quad strain, the catcher is fully healthy now. The Marlins haven’t made a decision yet on the backup position, but Wallach is currently on the 40-man roster and Holaday isn’t, meaning the team would have to remove a player from roster to make room for Holaday.