• The KillerFrogs

2019 Football Regular Season Predictions

ticketfrog123

who cares about practice?

nothing against kell, but that is the kicking equivalent of batting practice home runs.

all i care is do the frogs have a kicker who can hit field goals in game action and especially when games are one the line

This was my point. Zero clue about kicker this year..all I know is Song has a scholarship yet appears to be the backup to a walk-on

Froggish

This was my point. Zero clue about kicker this year..all I know is Song has a scholarship yet appears to be the backup to a walk-on

It’s pretty tough to take a scholarship away from one kid and give it to another..Ultimately we are never going to spend more the one s-ship on the kicking game

Volare

Time for an update. Anyone know the Vegas line (or when it will be set)?

A7j9wCl.png

froginmn

This looks like a 9-3 season to me. Depending upon where the losses fall and who else those teams lose to, slim chance to make the B12 championship.

I think it happens and we fall in that game.

Phil Steele's Top 25:

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Michigan
4 Georgia
5 Oklahoma
6 Ohio St
7 LSU
8 Utah
9 Notre Dame
10 Florida
11 Texas
12 Oregon
13 Mich St
14 TCU
15 Miami
16 Washington
17 Texas A&M
18 Auburn
19 Nebraska
20 Penn St
21 Iowa St
22 Stanford
23 Iowa
24 Miss St
25 Va Tech

Froggish

Maybe you need to listen to Jeremy Clark's talk on the 247 podcast today

I listened to it and then immediately watched a bunch of Delton highlights.......Lord help us if he wins the job. Delton is a great athlete and by all accounts a hell of a leader but a good QB he is not. The piece that Jeremy always misses in the talk about the QB battle is about upside. Most of us readily admit that we want the best QB to win the job even if that’s Delton. However, Delton has a 3 year body of work that is the very definition of mediocrity. He scares exactly NObody in the Big12 as everyone knows he can’t win with his arm. If we get to the conference schedule with him as our starter we have a lower ceiling then we would if a healthy JR, Max, Baldwin, or Collins emerges. I said emerges..Meaning, beats Delton out. Delton at QB may still translate to more wins then last year but its a ceiling none the less. If he’s our best option at wins then lets play him.

But again I think what Jeremy always misses is that fans recognize the ceiling. We are not stupid just because we don’t have locker room passes. I don’t think anyone here really believes they definitively know JR, Max, Baldwin, or MC is better then Delton. I think what we all really want is to see one of those youngsters emerge, SHOW they are definitively better then the others, and lead us for the next 3-4 seasons.

I know its not popular but Delton and his QB skill set just isn’t the kind of player a fan base is going to get all excited about. .....And Yes...I am well aware that GP wanted him. I get it. I’m just hoping he want the ‘Hell of a leader’ part of Delton more then the QB part because come conference game 1 I’m hoping there are better options. If not, I’ll root like hell for whoever is taking snaps..Delton included.

jake102

Recap for those who can't listen:

Delton - He will be the starter game 1. He was healthy during the spring, relatively consistent but he struggled on 3rd and long/obvious passing situations. GP wants a QB who can run.
Duggan - He was healthy during the spring, played well, consistently challenged the defense the most. But he's young... if we had a good season last year, likely we would start the Duggan era this season and take our lumps. Could be anywhere from #1-#3 on depth chart.
Rogers - bottom line, the drop foot isn't going away yet. That being said he's the best thrower of the football. At this point, he's a pocket passer.
Collins - hurt, will be back for summer camp
Baldwin - hurt, won't be back until September. He isn't starting.

My opinion - JC and 247 is the best place for TCU info, but if you are looking for realistic opinions, he simply can't give them at risk of losing access. Having a QB who can't perform in obvious passing situations is pretty sub-optimal, there's no way around it. Having a QB who is now a pocket passer isn't great. Having a true freshman QB start isn't a great option. At the end of the day, the discussion has to be around what happened with Wooten, SRobinson and why there wasn't a contingent plan for Rogers. One year rentals aren't great unless they are someone like Hurts.

Froggish

Recap for those who can't listen:

Delton - He will be the starter game 1. He was healthy during the spring, relatively consistent but he struggled on 3rd and long/obvious passing situations. GP wants a QB who can run.
Duggan - He was healthy during the spring, played well, consistently challenged the defense the most. But he's young... if we had a good season last year, likely we would start the Duggan era this season and take our lumps. Could be anywhere from #1-#3 on depth chart.
Rogers - bottom line, the drop foot isn't going away yet. That being said he's the best thrower of the football. At this point, he's a pocket passer.
Collins - hurt, will be back for summer camp
Baldwin - hurt, won't be back until September. He isn't starting.

My opinion - JC and 247 is the best place for TCU info, but if you are looking for realistic opinions, he simply can't give them at risk of losing access. Having a QB who can't perform in obvious passing situations is pretty sub-optimal, there's no way around it. Having a QB who is now a pocket passer isn't great. Having a true freshman QB start isn't a great option. At the end of the day, the discussion has to be around what happened with Wooten, SRobinson and why there wasn't a contingent plan for Rogers. One year rentals aren't great unless they are someone like Hurts.
Well said