• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread - Part 2

netty2424

Has to be a grades issue. Quite possibly the best back in the country this year and he signs with Nevada.....as his only offer.
Kind of what I was thinking as well. But it seemed like Fabian Franklin was rumored to be a grade issue and he's what 16th RB in the country? Maybe that was just a fanboard mob movement when he flipped.

Pharm Frog

Has to be a grades issue. Quite possibly the best back in the country this year and he signs with Nevada.....as his only offer.

Nevada was not his only offer. Had offers from Navy (which might imply that it wasn't necessarily a grade issue), Liberty, Abilene Christian, Montana, University of North Texas, Grambling, and South Dakota State. Note that Jay Norvell is the head coach at Nevada (formerly OC at OU).

Pharm Frog

That’s Oklahoma City John Marshall HS, where OU pulled its top-rated recruit out of last year (Broiles), so it’s not like he’s under the radar.

He was not under the radar. Was listed in every Top Oklahoma high school recruiting list I saw (which admittedly is not a lot because I really don't get into this recruiting thing too much).

McFroggin

Yah something not adding up. No idea what it is. Was scrolling FB and it popped up in my feed. Never even heard of the dude. Bizarre. 247 has him listed as 2531 overall player.

https://247sports.com/Player/Devonte-Lee-46044480

He has below average D1 speed and he played against 0 talent. His high school class has <100 people and thus other schools are similar. His team is actually quite good with a supporting class that helped him win a state title.

He certainly has good strength.

In track at his level, he competed in shot put.

Moose Stuff

The more I read about Filikitonga the more interesting he gets. Had offers from us and OU (among others) real early in the process but hurt his foot (sounds like he had at least one surgery) and kind of fell off the radar. Came back mid season and finished strong. May end up being exactly what we’re looking for.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

We could certainly use another DE or two.

Moose, what is your guess on whether Banogu enters the draft early?

I’ve got zero insight into that one. My best guess is that if he gets first round type feedback he’s gone. 2nd round, still decent chance he’s gone. 3rd round, leans toward coming back. After that he comes back. Straight up guess.

LisaLT

What is the deadline for declaring for the draft? I think I read Banogu is fairly highly rated at his position as a draft pick. I saw once mock draft that had him first round going to the Patriots.

MinFrog

The tweet is now gone, but this is in response to GP tweeting at T Barber to stay on Waddle when I think he meant to send him a direct message. Kinda funny and not the least bit surprised that GP might be tech challenged.

The fact that this doesn’t happen more is really surprising. I bet he DMs recruits all the time, probably the best way to contact them.