• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread - Part 2

Moose Stuff

7981814.jpeg

Posted this in the other recruiting thread too for all the people who get pissed when people bring up bagmen

I have a hard time believing a kid is gonna post photos to social media of the money some booster just gave him. That’s just me.

netty2424

I have a hard time believing a kid is gonna post photos to social media of the money some booster just gave him. That’s just me.
I'm with you in thinking how dumb could someone be, but a quick google search pulled up this Nebraska forum thread with several pictures just like it. Crazy how foolish they are, but regardless if they had money prior to signing, it's damn near impossible to prove it was a result of a bagman.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-question-regarding-bag-men.106803/

Punter1

It's the 2000's version of driving around a new Chevy Camaro some booster bought ya...

Don't underestimate a young person's ability to make bad decisions in search of attention...

I generally dislike the bagman comments because they're not usually nearly as clever as the person posting them thinks because literally everyone who follows recruiting knows that there are nefarious practices in recruiting. Generally, I hesitate, without proof, to attribute that to a particular recruit by name predicated on speculation related to the school that the recruit ultimately chose.

But do I believe a recruit would be stupid enough to do that? We just had a recruit sign with another school who tweeted about the recruiting process being a vehicle to provide for his family. As much as I would have preferred to believe that surely he was speaking in a long-term sense about getting to the NFL, it turns out that he was, by many indications, being just that transparent about what could persuade him to chose a school.

So yeah, as much as I consider it to be largely trite to attribute certain recruiting losses to the bagman, I'll believe pretty much anything if presented with some level of actual evidence.

Moose Stuff

Now that the signing period has come and gone just confirming that every player listed in the original post in this thread officially DID NOT sign.