• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

Wexahu

It really is amazing that after watching the first four games there is still the feeling that games are rigged against TCU by the umps.

I guess all the calls that we get just go unnoticed.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Gawd, this has been such a screw job! Oregon State was utterly screwed out of that. Pathetic.

Oddly, I think we have a better shot against LSU than OSU. Provided, of course, we don't have a plate ump that crooked...

Purp

I don't think you can be "screwed" in a game where you lost by five. Oregon State just got spanked.

But yeah, that 1st out was pretty rough.
I agree that "screwed" seems like the wrong word, but of the 8 or so Ks looking in the game I don't think a single one was a strike. Make Gilbert pitch inside the black and I think the OSU offense looks significantly different.

And the ump flat bailed Hess out of an enormous jam. He turned a walk to load the bases with no outs into a K that totally changed the course of that inning. LSU was about to go to a part of the pen it doesn't trust with no outs and the tying runner on deck with no outs. Instead the ump rings up a kid that saw one pitch over the plate and tells the rest of the Beaver lineup they better swing at everything.

No, you can't say they got "screwed" out of a win, but they certainly got screwed out of a lot of opportunities to change the game. And that 3 run dinger by Papierski shouldn't have happened either if the ump was worth half a damn.

ETA: I actually am glad LSU won bc the Beavers brought all the bad juju on themselves with Heimlich. I just think both losses to LSU could easily have been wins with a different set of umpires. That scares me about our game tonight.

Brog

Some please explain why the umpires, the system, the NCAA, those in charge, should be for LSU against OSU. Don't get it.

Latest posts