• The KillerFrogs

2017 Baseball Season Thread

Purp

Pharm Frog said:

That's what they want you to do...  Don't give up so easily and pay for what you won't use to the fullest extent of your investment. You gotta fight back against the machine!  :smile:
I know that's the intent, but ATO just put me in a box and I don't want to lose my ability to tailgate in that lot.  The way I see it, If I get to tailgate there 10 times this season it would cost me $30 to park there.  Would I pay that if the parking lot attendant were taking cash for that lot?  I think the answer is yes so I'll probably pay for it.

TCUdirtbag

Damn. That's a really good response and a lot of added revenue. May add now so I don't get frozen out. My brother can use it til we move up there this spring.

Opintel

Moderators
Interesting...I bought in immediately.  Will there be  designated ADA parking, and will it be up close to Lupton?

Thanks

atofrog

Contributor
FrogsMcGee said:
ATO how will the lot work for any postseason events?

Great question and excellent selling point, thank you!  Post-season passes are included in the parking book.  That is an extra 5 to 7 passes/games as added value and guaranteed parking availability when you arrive for those high demand games.

Opintel said:
Interesting...I bought in immediately.  Will there be  designated ADA parking, and will it be up close to Lupton?

Thanks

Another good question, thank you.  Yes, ADA parking will still be available in Lot 13.  To get one of the designated ADA spaces, you will still need to have the license plate or hangtag.

Go Frogs!

Pharm Frog said:
Suckers all of you....  But I get it. The school needs to raise revenue anyway it can with the decreasing tuition rates and all.
I'm sure you are joking around here, but serious question... Do you want the University to be "spending" tuition money on athletics? They have in the past but have been moving aggressively to make athletics net-0, supporting itself via its three big revenue sources: Big 12 distribution, athletics donations, and athletics sales revenue (tickets, parking, concessions, etc)... The smallest of those is sales revenue by far.

For more than a decade, TCU supported athletics to the tune of $10-20mm a year to make sure we had all we needed to compete. Should they do that again?

Listen, I think its a fair question. TCU has run a $100-150mm budget surplus over the last several years, should some of that money go to athletics to hold off ticket price increases and parking charges? Pay coach salary increases? Today, TCU supports athletics to the tune of $2-4mm or so, some of that coming from the "student fee" which students pay to athletics for access to games. Should that be higher?

Pharm Frog

Gary's Shirtless Revenge said:
I'm sure you are joking around here, but serious question... Do you want the University to be "spending" tuition money on athletics? They have in the past but have been moving aggressively to make athletics net-0, supporting itself via its three big revenue sources: Big 12 distribution, athletics donations, and athletics sales revenue (tickets, parking, concessions, etc)... The smallest of those is sales revenue by far.

For more than a decade, TCU supported athletics to the tune of $10-20mm a year to make sure we had all we needed to compete. Should they do that again?

Listen, I think its a fair question. TCU has run a $100-150mm budget surplus over the last several years, should some of that money go to athletics to hold off ticket price increases and parking charges? Pay coach salary increases? Today, TCU supports athletics to the tune of $2-4mm or so, some of that coming from the "student fee" which students pay to athletics for access to games. Should that be higher?

Have no opinion on the matter. I'm sure there's outstanding financial gurus on campus to figure that stuff out. Personally, I don't care what anybody charges if there are people willing and able to pay for it without burden to their neighbors.

flyfishingfrog

Pharm Frog said:

That's what they want you to do...  Don't give up so easily and pay for what you won't use to the fullest extent of your investment. You gotta fight back against the machine!  :smile:

Stand up against the MAN!

Of course, the line for those people will be across the street from the stadium and their parking spot will be at the football stadium

but you can make the walk to the Lupton with your chest out and your head high that you got to screw the man!

That is what is great about youth...

flyfishingfrog

Pharm Frog said:
Suckers all of you....  But I get it. The school needs to raise revenue anyway it can with the decreasing tuition rates and all.

Depends on who you are I guess.

I go to probably 90% of our home games and being able to park easier at the highly attended games and for the playoffs for $300 is a no brainer assuming it doesn't become an issue of actually finding a spot to park because common things like 100 F250's take up 125 parking spaces.

But I am an old and have already watched a couple of my grandkids walk across the stage for diploma - so really old I guess.

However, if I were still young, dumb, and full of ....  I would probably save the $300 for beer and drink it on the walk from one of the neighborhood streets.

Frog79

flyfishingfrog said:

Depends on who you are I guess.

I go to probably 90% of our home games and being able to park easier at the highly attended games and for the playoffs for $300 is a no brainer assuming it doesn't become an issue of actually finding a spot to park because common things like 100 F250's take up 125 parking spaces.

But I am an old and have already watched a couple of my grandkids walk across the stage for diploma - so really old I guess.

However, if I were still young, dumb, and full of ....  I would probably save the $300 for beer and drink it on the walk from one of the neighborhood streets.
Same here, I am old and go to most of the games plus I like to give to the school whenever I can.  So I bought the parking pass.  It is a win/win for me and the school!

GoFrog Yourself

Tickets are up for the Shriner's Hospital Houston College Classic:
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ticketing/college_classic.jsp

FWIW: looks like they're extending the seating this year, as the Crawford boxes (Left Field) are open for GA. Should be a huge turnout with Aggy, LSU, and Ole Miss bringing their fans. I hope Tech makes a good showing after their CWS run last year, and darn Baylor.

Right now there's tickets for sale in the premium seats behind home plate. Don't remember that being an option last year. 

tcumaniac

GoFrog Yourself said:
Tickets are up for the Shriner's Hospital Houston College Classic:
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ticketing/college_classic.jsp

FWIW: looks like they're extending the seating this year, as the Crawford boxes (Left Field) are open for GA. Should be a huge turnout with Aggy, LSU, and Ole Miss bringing their fans. I hope Tech makes a good showing after their CWS run last year, and darn Baylor.

Right now there's tickets for sale in the premium seats behind home plate. Don't remember that being an option last year. 

Didn't notice until now, but it's pretty cool TCU gets the premium night game on both Friday and Saturday! 

Moose Stuff

https://twitter.com/prepbaseball/status/818228409071501313

Not sure where else to put this and don't see the need for a baseball recruiting thread.

mentoq

I live in Fort Worth and Uber to all home games. Usually 12 bucks round trip. They Drop you off at home plate. I have never had an issue with pick up.