• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

Purp

I'm worried about tomorrow. We haven't been sharp since the long layoff for finals week and the OU strength offensively matches up against our greatest weakness defensively and that's the 3 point shot. This just feels like a bad match-up. The teams who shoot 3s well will make me worry all year.

For me, this game will be determined by how well Fish and/or ARob play opposite Young. The good news for us is Vlad, K Dub, JD, and Noi should have big nights in the paint.

Purp

KU made 17 3s tonight against UT. Whoa
Yeah. I watched some of that and it makes me nervous. We really need to clean up our 3 point D. We've given up a lot if good looks that haven't dropped early in this season, but those will start dropping against most teams in our conference.

KCFrog

KU made 17 3s tonight against UT. Whoa

KU is a good team. But UT left Graham, who is arguably the best player in the conference, wide open on several occasions. Interesting defense there, Shaka.

It also had Will Ferrell from "Semi-Pro" chasing Svi Michaeleriokjooihoilook, around, which wasn't a great defensive matchup, either.

Tom Brown

I'm worried about tomorrow. We haven't been sharp since the long layoff for finals week and the OU strength offensively matches up against our greatest weakness defensively and that's the 3 point shot. This just feels like a bad match-up. The teams who shoot 3s well will make me worry all year.

For me, this game will be determined by how well Fish and/or ARob play opposite Young. The good news for us is Vlad, K Dub, JD, and Noi should have big nights in the paint.

Ou's 3-D is the wurst in the conference.

Purp

Ou's 3-D is the wurst in the conference.
Yes it is. We may see 50 combined 3s today, but I think the thing that separates us a bit is our bigs. We have better quality and depth there.

But since we haven't been sharp since finals I'm worried we won't be able to exploit that advantage or take advantage of their weak 3D also.

Last edited:

FrogLifeYo

Look for us to slow it down a bit today and try to exploit them inside. OU and Young are specifically killing teams with their transition game. I think we can survive the 3 ball onslaught if we are efficient and limit their easy buckets

Purp

I think there are a lot of ways we can win today. We have a much deeper and talented team. Slowing down the pace could be one. Again, I'm just worried about execution. We haven't executed well since the finals break and I'm worried we could darn up the perfect game plan and lose by a narrow margin. And if our turnover tendencies return it could get ugly.

But if we're firing on all cylinders I think we could win comfortably.

Portland Frog

Not sure if OU presses much. I want to see how the frogs break a press against a good team. Frogs can match them from 3. Amazing to even think that’s possible.

YA

Gave my tickets away as I am out of town. I hate to say it but Ou is going to wipe the floor with us today. K Williams is playing hurt. Arob is a turn over machine and vlad is not the same player as last year. Ou wins big by 12+. I will still be watching anyway. Go Frogs and prove me wrong today please.

FrogLifeYo

Gave my tickets away as I am out of town. I hate to say it but Ou is going to wipe the floor with us today. K Williams is playing hurt. Arob is a turn over machine and vlad is not the same player as last year. Ou wins big by 12+. I will still be watching anyway. Go Frogs and prove me wrong today please.
Nah......