• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

TCUdirtbag

Every league team plays Saturday:

1 pm - Texas (1-1) at Baylor (0-2)
3 pm - K-State (1-1) at #18 Tech (2-0)
3 pm - Iowa St (0-2) at Oklahoma St (0-2)
6:15 - #7 OU (2-0) at #6 West Virginia (2-0)
8:15 - #10 Kansas (1-1) at #16 TCU (1-1)

At the end of the day tomorrow, Tech is likely to be tied atop the standings with either OU or WVU. Tech’s next two games after this weekend are in Norman and then vs WVU. This league is relentless.

Portland Frog

Every league team plays Saturday:

1 pm - Texas (1-1) at Baylor (0-2)
3 pm - K-State (1-1) at #18 Tech (2-0)
3 pm - Iowa St (0-2) at Oklahoma St (0-2)
6:15 - #7 OU (2-0) at #6 West Virginia (2-0)
8:15 - #10 Kansas (1-1) at #16 TCU (1-1)

At the end of the day tomorrow, Tech is likely to be tied atop the standings with either OU or WVU. Tech’s next two games after this weekend are in Norman and then vs WVU. This league is relentless.

Can't wait to see how OU handles the WVU pressure on the road.

DickBumpastache

Next 3 games (vs KU, at UT, at OU) are going to tell us everything about this team’s chances to win the conference. Anything less than 2-1 will put us behind the 8-ball.

Bob Sugar

I guess there's just one thing left to do...

giphy.gif

Tom Brown

- TCU won the last meeting, 85-82, over the No. 1 ranked Jayhawks in the quarterfinals of last season’s Big 12 Championship in Kansas City.

This is key. With virtually the same teams, albeit KU's slighlty worse and TCU slightly better. Familiarity here is our friend. They arent so intimidating anymore.

Tom Brown

- TCU won the last meeting, 85-82, over the No. 1 ranked Jayhawks in the quarterfinals of last season’s Big 12 Championship in Kansas City.

This is key. With virtually the same teams, albeit KU's slighlty worse and TCU slightly better. Familiarity here is our friend. They arent so intimidating anymore.

And kansas is favored -1 to -1.5

tenor.gif

TCUdirtbag

Repost of today’s Big 12 schedule:

1 pm - Texas (1-1) at Baylor (0-2) ESPNU
3 pm - KSU (1-1) at #18 TTU (2-0) FSSW+
3 pm - ISU (0-2) at OSU (0-2) ESPNU
6:15 - #7 OU (2-0) at #6 WVU (2-0) ESPN2
8:15 - #10 KU (1-1) at #16 TCU (1-1) ESPN2

Other games to keep an eye on :

11 am - Xavier at Providence FOX
Noon - UNC at UVA, ESPN
Noon - Florida at Missouri CBS
1:15 - LSU at A&M, SECN
2:15 - Notre Dame at Syracuse ESPN2
7 pm - Duke at NC State ESPN
7 pm - St. Bonnie’s at St. Joseph’s ESPNU
7 pm - Marquette at Villanova FS1

Tom Brown

Repost of today’s Big 12 schedule:

1 pm - Texas (1-1) at Baylor (0-2) ESPNU
3 pm - KSU (1-1) at #18 TTU (2-0) FSSW+
3 pm - ISU (0-2) at OSU (0-2) ESPNU
6:15 - #7 OU (2-0) at #6 WVU (2-0) ESPN2
8:15 - #10 KU (1-1) at #16 TCU (1-1) ESPN2

Other games to keep an eye on :

11 am - Xavier at Providence FOX
Noon - UNC at UVA, ESPN
Noon - Florida at Missouri CBS
1:15 - LSU at A&M, SECN
2:15 - Notre Dame at Syracuse ESPN2
7 pm - Duke at NC State ESPN
7 pm - St. Bonnie’s at St. Joseph’s ESPNU
7 pm - Marquette at Villanova FS1

Tech -10
Wvu -5
Osu -7.5
Ku -1.5
Bu -3

I've watched a few KU games by happenstance this year, and they are shockingly worse than usual. Not sure what happened, but its fairly surprising.

This isn't to say they are BAD by any means, on the contrary, they are still a very good team but they aren't elite. Very beatable, especially on the road. If they hadn't had the hottest shooting night of their lives against Texas, they would have lost their Big 12 opener too.

If TCU shows up, and the crowd too, this should be a W.

Tom Brown

I've watched a few KU games by happenstance this year, and they are shockingly worse than usual. Not sure what happened, but its fairly surprising.

This isn't to say they are BAD by any means, on the contrary, they are still a very good team but they aren't elite. Very beatable, especially on the road. If they hadn't had the hottest shooting night of their lives against Texas, they would have lost their Big 12 opener too.

If TCU shows up, and the crowd too, this should be a W.

I agree but to be more specific, if tcu defends, and rebounds better than at Baylor, we should get the W.

Purp

I agree but to be more specific, if tcu defends, and rebounds better than at Baylor, we should get the W.
Kansas doesn't have the personnel Baylor does to hurt us inside. And honestly, I don't think Baylor is that much better than us on the glass. We had a low effort night for 25 minutes of that game.

Tom Brown

Kansas doesn't have the personnel Baylor does to hurt us inside. And honestly, I don't think Baylor is that much better than us on the glass. We had a low effort night for 25 minutes of that game.

I meant defend 1-3.
No excuses, just rebound tonight.