• The KillerFrogs

2012 Updates (updated)

maximilian

Ahh you are correct, thanks. My question about attendees still stands though!

Heard rumblings about LaDarrell McNeil out of A Maceo Smith coming to Jr. Days with Damien Lawry.

I would absolutely love to get both of those guys. McNeil might be one of the best safety prospects in the state, if not country.

LVfrog

With one DT in, how many more DL are we looking to bring in Feisty? A CB and a LB or two wouldn't hurt either.

Gunner

First time I can remember, when we weren't desparate for some position.. The only problem I see is defensive end. We need a fire eating hog to come in and act like Hughes...

We more than took care of every other spot with the 2010's..

This weekend is crucial as 2 of the top QB's anywhere are both visiting and we got a shot at both... Predict one of 'em jumps for Frogs this weekend... Tyler Matthews from Kansas is the most likely... Big, tough linebacker build, with a cannon and runs pretty good... :biggrin:

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Heard rumblings about LaDarrell McNeil out of A Maceo Smith coming to Jr. Days with Damien Lawry.

I would absolutely love to get both of those guys. McNeil might be one of the best safety prospects in the state, if not country.

McNeill has said he really likes the way TCU plays D, especially how the safeties play. Kid knows his stuff.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
With one DT in, how many more DL are we looking to bring in Feisty? A CB and a LB or two wouldn't hurt either.

Here is what we lose on scholly:

1 FB (Shivers)
2 WR (Hicks, Jones)
1 TE (Brock)
3 OL (Olson, Thompson, Dooley)
1 DE (Broughton)
2 LB (Carder, Gardner)
1 CB (McCoy)
2 S (Cuba, Fobbs)
1 K (Evans)
1 P (Kelton)

We have the kicker covered so can swap that for another DL, FB may be filled by one of the current players so not sure that is a high need, same with TE but think they will try and get 1 if he is high enough on their list. Not sure about punter if they feel Cale can handle it then they can swap that opening for another spot.

Here is my guess:

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
3 OL
3 DL (2 DE, DT)
2 LB
2 CB
1 S

On the OL they need a center and Hunt may be the guy but he will get looks at both C and DT so not sure how that fits in their planning.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Also, Curtis Carter still planning on coming to TCU and expected to finish by Dec. Not sure if they bring him in at one of the WR spots or not, but would have 4 to play 3 at the time.

talor

Lots of good stuff about TCU on the various 247sports sites. (Not sure if I can say that or not) We seem to be in the top 2-3 for a lot of outstanding recruits.

talor

Care to pass on some of that info for those of us who do not subsribe?

I also do not subscribe, but poke around for free goodies! Here you go:

• Dominique Wheeler will attend UT junior day :angry: but favors TCU over TAMU
  • McNeil will visit TCU Saturday, may not attend UT junior day. UT, Bama, TCU on top
  • Brian Nance getting rave reviews (think I read he likes TCU alot)

TCU2012

If Curtis Carter really does come back after all that, then I admire him for sheer determination. Best of luck to him.

maximilian

A Maceo Smith Coach Barnett (Chris Barnett's father) was interviewed by Rivals Aggie site, and had some interesting things to say about LaDarrell/Damien.

- Said while they're not necessarily a package deal, he(Barnett) would like to see them play together in college. Maceo is a small community and the 2 families know each other well, and it would be an easier transition, from what he says.

- Big thing from the piece regarding TCU was more about Lawry: "Damien is a slot guy, a kick return guy. TCU (another school that has offered both McNeil and Lawry) has got Jeremy Kerley. Oklahoma has Ryan Broyles. For Damien, he knows that even if I'm not 6 foot 3, he can play here."

- LaDarrell is an old school type player, not the type to get caught up in bright lights of recruiting, while Damien is more concerned with the offense a school is running. Both guys seem to know what they want.

It seems like Jennings or whomever is recruiting these guys should be keeping close eye on any school that offers both of them. So far, seems to be us and Aggy.

Really impressed with Coach Barnett's comments, though. Seems like he's not going to interfere in the process with the guys, out of respect to each college recruiting their school. This, despite just putting Chris at Michigan, and having another son at UT.

Basically, I'm giddy at the thought of landing some DISD talent. Desoto/Waxahatchie was a great start last year, Skyline and A Maceo would be tremendous this year, along with Trinity in the DFW area.

TCUSA

Yeah--I thought about that when I woke up later this morning--should never try to post during bouts of insomnia. Thanks for the clarification, Feisty. Your info is much appreciated.

West Coast Johnny

Are there any updates from this past weekend besides the Matthews kid? Haven't seen anything except for a Rivals' article on Johnson

Curtis Riser commits to Texas - no surprise but he is a good one.
Alex Norman & Orlando Thomas also commit to the whorns. Not sure if they had TCU offers or not, but TCU was definately interested in both.