• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Eight

There won't be four. Attrition will happen. Depending on what Samuel does, there may only be two.

so barlow most likely is gone from what you are saying because they just signed lampkin and i can't imagine ledee leaving after sitting out a year.

samuel is an interesting question because i can't see how he is a first round nba player so do you stay or look to play international

Skip Jansen

so barlow most likely is gone from what you are saying because they just signed lampkin and i can't imagine ledee leaving after sitting out a year.

samuel is an interesting question because i can't see how he is a first round nba player so do you stay or look to play international

Yes. The staff anticipates some attrition. That's the reason for signing Lampkin (as you mentioned).

I hope Samuel comes back but not counting on it. He's definitely not a 1st round pick but some kids are just ready to get their professional career started and make some money. He can definitely play in one of the international leagues.

bp4tcu

Do we want Beard to stay in Lubbock or replace Shaka in Austin?
Beard isn’t going anywhere. His latest class is stacked. He’s all about fan support and that arena has been PACKED.

Football is obviously king, but kinda seems like Tech is running the conference right now.

Moose Stuff

Yes. The staff anticipates some attrition. That's the reason for signing Lampkin (as you mentioned).

I hope Samuel comes back but not counting on it. He's definitely not a 1st round pick but some kids are just ready to get their professional career started and make some money. He can definitely play in one of the international leagues.

Samuel doesn’t strike me as even remotely ready for the NBA, but as you said I guess he’s good enough to play SOMEWHERE.

bp4tcu

If I’m being honest it doesn’t seem like that at all.
Ok. Their bball team is at the top of the conference, coming off a conference championship season and national championship appearance.

Baseball won the conference for, if I’m not mistaken the third time in four years, and went to the CWS.

Track and Field won a National Championship.

Golf finished first in the country.

Soccor is competing for a national title right now.

Seems pretty strong to me. I hate it but they’re way ahead of us in a lot of areas.

Moose Stuff

Ok. Their bball team is at the top of the conference, coming off a conference championship season and national championship appearance.

Baseball won the conference for, if I’m not mistaken the third time in four years, and went to the CWS.

Track and Field won a National Championship.

Golf finished first in the country.

Soccor is competing for a national title right now.

Seems pretty strong to me. I hate it but they’re way ahead of us in a lot of areas.

And if you asked 100 college sports fans to name the best athletic program in the Big 12 almost none of them would say Texas Tech. Hence my comment that it doesn’t seem like that.

bp4tcu

And if you asked 100 college sports fans to name the best athletic program in the Big 12 almost none of them would say Texas Tech. Hence my comment that it doesn’t seem like that.
None? You’re way wrong on that. I’m not defending them, but many many people were very high on them after the final four and and again after the CWS. Not like that’s ancient history.

Froggish

Samuel doesn’t strike me as even remotely ready for the NBA, but as you said I guess he’s good enough to play SOMEWHERE.

His feet looked a lot better the other night but he’s miles away from being an NBA defender which is the only value he could dream to bring to any pro team. He’s still young and hopefully the light will come on and he’ll realize that returning to school is the best way to earn more money