• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Farmfrog

It’s Gameday. Irvine will be our toughest test to date. We need good energy and to be better offensively. This game will get us ready to hit the road this weekend.

Eight

It’s Gameday. Irvine will be our toughest test to date. We need good energy and to be better offensively. This game will get us ready to hit the road this weekend.

so exactly how good is uc-irvine?

saw that they are 3-2 with losses to pepperdine and then a fairly big defeat to colorado, but they do have christian welp's son right?

seriously, is this a game if the frogs lose it is a learning experience this year or an uh-oh moment?

Farmfrog

so exactly how good is uc-irvine?

saw that they are 3-2 with losses to pepperdine and then a fairly big defeat to colorado, but they do have christian welp's

seriously, is this a game if the frogs lose it is a learning experience this year or an uh-oh moment?

This will not be a good loss but one we have chances to overcome. This team won’t overlook the Anteaters IMO.

UCI was a tournament team and they return nine players. Not a pushover and not a terrible loss if that’s how it goes. I think the game will be a decent measuring stick for the Frogs

Eight

UCI was a tournament team and they return nine players. Not a pushover and not a terrible loss if that’s how it goes. I think the game will be a decent measuring stick for the Frogs

making the tournament in the age of automatic qualifiers out of conference tournaments isn't always a measuring stick of a team.

acu made the tournament and i wouldn't consider them a benchmark for the program heading into the big 12.

making the tournament in the age of automatic qualifiers out of conference tournaments isn't always a measuring stick of a team.

acu made the tournament and i wouldn't consider them a benchmark for the program heading into the big 12.
Well UCI beat K State in the first round. I’m not saying they are world beaters but they are definitely a cut above what we usually see this time of year and I stick to my position that they will present a nice test for this particular edition of the Frogs and a loss here would not be catastrophic

TCUownstheBig12

UC-Irvine won a game in the tournament...beating Kansas State. So...there’s that difference between the Eaters and ACU. And between them and every TCU team since 1987.

Eight

Well UCI beat K State in the first round. I’m not saying they are world beaters but they are definitely a cut above what we usually see this time of year and I stick to my position that they will present a nice test for this particular edition of the Frogs and a loss here would not be catastrophic

the win in the tournament returning those 9 says more than winning their conference tournament to get into the ncaa's, but i could be wrong again.

the win in the tournament returning those 9 says more than winning their conference tournament to get into the ncaa's, but i could be wrong again.
We probably are not exactly in disagreement. I’m looking forward to the game tonight. I’m interested to see how JD substitutes having had a couple of days to plan with Ledee and Smith in the mix. Should be fun

Eight

UC-Irvine won a game in the tournament...beating Kansas State. So...there’s that difference between the Eaters and ACU. And between them and every TCU team since 1987.

what happened last year doesn't mean a great deal this year unless you return a good portion of your talent as prince pointed out and i am not sure how comparing them versus 31 years of tcu basketball is relevant to what type of team uc irvine is now