• The KillerFrogs

Who would be the Coach?

Putt4Purple

This line of thinking is crazy. I posted to several posters about the emotional verbal trash spoken during and after losing the game Saturday. GP is going nowhere and those who think its time for a new coach, your crazy!

Froggish

Are we SURE we need an OC?

I'm not sunshine pumping on Cumbie but GP won't let him run the offense like he wants to. Let him run the Air Raid for which you hired him and Meach to do and recruited the players to that end. Then, let's make a decision after the season. It's the defense that's losing our games, Gary, and that's why you would be well off for the future, to look again at your hold card, it may have changed.

It’s an honest question but I still maintain that the scheme isn’t nearly as bad an issue as Cumbies ability to call the plays..Give me a few months and I can put together a very creative offense but that doesn’t meen I can teach it well OR put it in motion in the frenzy of a game...

We hired a bright guy in Cumbie. What we didn’t hire was a guy who was a coach

Moose Stuff

I sincerely doubt any of them would even make our preliminary list. And there won't be a list until we have a more established AD. Donati cannot touch GP.

Get Joe Brady in here as an OC. He is making $400k at LSU. Bump him to $1mil, and for the love of God, do not meddle in the offense.

Let’s assume for 1 second that Brady would leave an SEC power for the same job at a lesser program (EXTREMELY unlikely), you don’t think LSU would extend him with a big pay increase the second other teams started calling?

Casey T

Let’s assume for 1 second that Brady would leave an SEC power for the same job at a lesser program (EXTREMELY unlikely), you don’t think LSU would extend him with a big pay increase the second other teams started calling?

I don't know if he'd come, but it would be a promotion. He's only the passing game coordinator and WR coach now. LSU's current OC (ensminger) is making less than $1M so not sure they would promote brady to co-OC and essentially double the pay of their OC team by matching our offer. But if he gets em to the playoff maybe they would

LVH

He isn't the full OC. He is pretty much the Cumby to Eshinger's Meachum

LVH

LMAO..... you asked people for names and you’ve crushed literally every name someone has thrown out. Why don’t you help all us dumb people and tell us who YOU would hire.

An established coordinator with a track record at a major program or a head coach with an established track record at a G5 program who has won championships of some sort

Jackson

First 3 phone calls:

Matt Campbell
Chris Peterson
Kyle Whittingham

The TCU job is very highly thought of in coaching circles, there would be tremendous interest including and beyond these 3
NONE of the guys would be an improvement over G.P. That said, in all likelihood none of them would accept the TCU Head Coaching position if it were offered to them. I’ve seen this “show” at Nebraska. They thought “We’re NE every coach would come here”; they found out very quickly how wrong they were. Nineteen years of losing, on their 4th Head Coach & forking out over $6M per year and struggling with the Big X bottom feeders.

Wexahu

NONE of the guys would be an improvement over G.P. That said, in all likelihood none of them would accept the TCU Head Coaching position if it were offered to them. I’ve seen this “show” at Nebraska. They thought “We’re NE every coach would come here”; they found out very quickly how wrong they were. Nineteen years of losing, on their 4th Head Coach & forking out over $6M per year and struggling with the Big X bottom feeders.

So Solich should still be coaching there? Nebraska’s problem hasn’t just been coaching, it’s just not the job it once was because everyone is on TV every week now and the state is about 800 miles from any sort of recruiting hotbed.

Froggish

So Solich should still be coaching there? Nebraska’s problem hasn’t just been coaching, it’s just not the job it once was because everyone is on TV every week now and the state is about 800 miles from any sort of recruiting hotbed.
Hell we aren’t even in a recruiting hot bed anymore...we have to go to Louisiana for recruits since nobody in our backyard is interested in staying home