• The KillerFrogs

Update

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Wes. Steel knows one of your concerns is your cremation and making certain the people you have asked actually spread your ashes per your wishes.
You are in luck!
Steel is involved with a new product — Premation!
Hack off a limb and cremate it before you die and spread your own ashes!

I am pretty sure Wes got a big laugh out of this one. I am impressed that all the words were spelled correctly.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wes,

Did you ever check into Hyperbaric oxygen therapy and lions mane mushroom?

So essentially, the brain uses 30% of the body’s oxygen. Using hbot doubles the blood oxygen content a promoted healing and stem cells. Joe Namath used it for concussions and probably cte.

People use it for brain matter issues from Parkinson’s, lymes, and cancer. They showed it increased stem cells by 8 fold.

Lions mane is the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]
No but I’ll ask. Thanks for the suggestion

MagicFrog

after my recent hospitalization and a meeting with my oncologist yesterday, I am faced with some tough decisions.

Looking at all of myMRi’s side by side you can see a small clearly defined tumor and then you can see a bunch of “ fuzzy stuff” that is everywhere. The fuzzy stuff is the concern. Surgery could be an option but my fear is that it would be pretty invasive in the frontal lobe, which is pretty much the control center of the brain, especially with cognitive functions and problem solving. Since my initial surgery last March, I have noticed some cognitive function having been affected and at times I have problems “ closing the loop on what should be easy tasks or chores. My depth perception an peripheral vision have been affected to the point that I no longer drive as I am a danger to myself and others.

Radiation is a possibility but it has its own risks and I could be turned into zombie again. It was easy but did a number on me.

My one decent option is to go back on the Avastin IV. It won’t harm me or cure the cancer but it soften some of the neurological effects that I deal with
So I am ruling out surgery and radiation and Going with Avastin.

There are no easy answers with this. I’m basically taking the easier path that has little or no risk but even less reward. All it might do is help make me a little more comfortable and there is no guarantee of that but as I said, it can’t hurt me. In fact the only side effect that I have noticed is that I get extremely hoarse after the infusions and at times I can barely talk above a whisper. That means my debut with the Fort Worth Opera will be delayed

I just didn’t want to go through brain surgery again because one of those in a lifetime is enough for me and the radiation just wore my old butt out the last time

I realize how this is going to end and it may mean that last football season may have been my last one. It also means that the baseball game I saw In February may have been my last but I am honored to. Say that Jim Schlossnagle has become a dear friend

I’m not saying goodbye because there is always that miracle that could happen and I’ll be around as much as possible but I have to be realistic about this, keep my perspective and take a hope for the best but prepare for the worst approach. I’ve Been doing that for a while anyway. Now I have no choice

Wish I had better news, believe me I do, but I knew this was coming at some point. Now it’s time to man up and start facing reality

I'm more of a lurker here so you and most others probably are saying "who is that??". But lurking has made me more than familiar with you and many others here.

You are a good man, that has been obvious from each post I've seen from you. The decision you have made for yourself is deeply personal and I know a ton of thought from both you and you family has gone into it.

You are in my prayers, and I wish you all the best as you continue your journey. Thank you for putting together such a great site that has developed into THE place for TCU sports fans to gather. This site will go on long after most of us posting today have taken our last breath, and that is something I hope you understand and are proud of. There are other sites, and I'm sure many other sites will come and go over the years, but KF.c is the gold standard, the definitive, the best.

Thank you for putting this place together and running it so well over the years. Thanks for creating this legacy, and thanks for putting your work and sweat into something that all of us here have been able to enjoy.

And please know that all of us here are going to continue to be here thinking about you and praying for you.

Frog Brother

Very sad news. You are in my prayers. I have appreciated you and respected you for many years and I admire the way you are facing this.

If you get to the other side before I do please say hello to 57-Frog for me.