• The KillerFrogs

Baldwin to transfer to TCU

Bob

Too bad he didn't switch sidelines during the half at last year's football game. We might not have had to witness the Casey Printers look-alike performance by the QB in the 3rd Quarter.

Purp

Justin Rogers will transfer out. You heard it here first. Just watch!
Would not shock me at all provided he doesn't win the job. IMO, I don't think he feels he's competing against Delton. If Baldwin or Max were to win the job over him I'd expect him to transfer. He's clearly too hungry and worked WAY too hard to get back to playing for him to accept a back-up role through graduation. His injury may have given him even more motivation than he possessed in high school and I think he was one of the more motivated kids we've seen prior to his injury.

Honestly, I want him starting for us, but if he isn't starting for us it'll be because we have a better QB on the roster for the next few years and I'll be happy about that. I'll also want JR to transfer somewhere else, though, so that I can root for him to reach his potential there. He's been too good of a kid for me to selfishly want to keep him here as a back-up. If it comes down to it, go prove us wrong JR and it'll make me happy. Hopefully you prove us right and start for the next 3 years.

Last edited:

DickBumpastache

Anyone know how close Collins is to graduating? I figure he would try to catch on as a grad transfer at a smaller school. I can’t see any path to him starting again outside of multiple injuries.

Wexahu

Would not shock me at all provided he doesn't win the job. IMO, I don't think he feels he's competing against Delton. If Baldwin or Max were to win the job over him I'd expect him to transfer. He's clearly too hungry and worked WAY too hard to get back to playing for him to accept a back-up role through graduation. His injury may have given him even more motivation than he possessed in high school and I think he was one of the more motivated kids we've seen prior to his injury.

Honestly, I want him starting for us, but if he isn't starting for us it'll be because we have a better QB on the roster for the next few years and I'll be happy about that. I'll also want JR to transfer somewhere else, though, so that I can root for him to reach his potential there. He's been too good of a kid for me to selfishly want to keep him here as a back-up. If it comes down to it, go prove us wrong JR and it'll make me happy. Hopefully you prove us right and start for the next 3 years.

If JR is as good as everyone thinks he is, and he's healthy, he's going to win the job. And if he's not healthy, I'm not sure how transferring is going to fix that.

At some level these guys need to realize if they aren't good enough to win the job where they are at, they might not be good enough to win the job somewhere else. Where would he go where there is no competition?

Wexahu

Good thing for Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield that they didn't follow this short-sighted and overly simplistic advice.

I'm not sure Mayfield even had a scholarship at Tech, so not hard for him to conclude he might not have been given a fair shake there. And to Murray's credit, he was willing to sit for two years before getting a chance to play (and was even the starter I believe when he decided to leave A&M), which is kind of the opposite of what I'm talking about, which is kids who leave as soon as they know they aren't #1 on the depth chart.

Froggish

Finally got a chance to watch Baldwin’s Sr season highlights..He will easily be the most polished passer we have. Feet and release are much better then the others. I wouldn’t by any stretch call him a dual threat but he has escape ability and pretty decent top end speed. It’s important to remember that he’s never been asked to run any RPO and that probably contributes to his reputation as being a pocket guy...

PO Frog

Finally got a chance to watch Baldwin’s Sr season highlights..He will easily be the most polished passer we have. Feet and release are much better then the others. I wouldn’t by any stretch call him a dual threat but he has escape ability and pretty decent top end speed. It’s important to remember that he’s never been asked to run any RPO and that probably contributes to his reputation as being a pocket guy...
Easy to look polished when everyone on your team is better than almost everyone you play. That's what's tough about recruiting and evaluation. Collins looked pretty polished in HS too, throwing for 1000 TDs. We won't really know for sure until they take the field at the next level on gameday.

Wexahu

Easy to look polished when everyone on your team is better than almost everyone you play. That's what's tough about recruiting and evaluation. Collins looked pretty polished in HS too, throwing for 1000 TDs. We won't really know for sure until they take the field at the next level on gameday.

Ain't that the truth. You find out how good a guy is when it's 3rd and 8, there's a little bit of pressure in the pocket, and target #1 isn't open.

Froggish

Absolutely correct...I didn’t say he would be the best QB we have...Just currently the most polished..He has a live arm with a beautiful compact delivery...That’s means nothing in regard to success at the college level..

Eight

especially when you are at lake travis and you have more resources and more talent than almost every school in central texas.

only school in the isd so they have been running that offense for 6 years going against some of the aisd schools.

two tapes i would like to see from that season are the open versus judson at judson where lake travis got thumped 65-45. judson got on them early and baldwin got knocked around pretty good as well as judson normally has some athletes in their secondary.

the other would be the loss to westlake that year. big rivalry game and lake travis had won i think 10 straight before that loss.

Froggish

especially when you are at lake travis and you have more resources and more talent than almost every school in central texas.

only school in the isd so they have been running that offense for 6 years going against some of the aisd schools.

two tapes i would like to see from that season are the open versus judson at judson where lake travis got thumped 65-45. judson got on them early and baldwin got knocked around pretty good as well as judson normally has some athletes in their secondary.

the other would be the loss to westlake that year. big rivalry game and lake travis had won i think 10 straight before that loss.

Your comment is interesting on running the same system for 6 years...If you look at Baldwin’s tape from his SR season, you’ll see several instances where his footwork is almost a spitting image of Bakers...I don’t know if they had the same QB coach or OC but it’s uncanny

LawFrog504

The ball is in Cumbie's court.

He now has
Delton
Collins
Rogers
Duggan
Baldwin (think he will get eligibility from the NCAA)- if he does not, that is scheissed

Also, with these bodies and talent can we concur that he is expected to develop one of the young three into a star? Last year I got Shat on for saying he cannot develop. So hopefully he can do it and shut me up. He needs to do his job now.
This is dead on. Talent is not an issue in the room, nor was it last year. Time for this guy to nut up and develop a guy. Abandoning the fade to the 5'4 guy is a start!