• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Radiers vs Horned Frogs

TechAdvisor

I would normally come here say good game but I can't tonight. That was a terrible effort by a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string offensive players by Texas Tech. That may be one of the worst QB efforts I've ever seen from a Kliff Kingsbury coached team.

That was one of the worst games I've seen this Tech team play all year and I apologize.

smufrogger

Lots of blame throw around and rightfully so on most cases, but very little going where it might be most deserved. This offensive line's performance has been largely abysmal. Until they start blocking somebody, it doesn't matter what play is called, who's taking the snaps or who's being handed the ball.
I can’t block a whole team blitzing needs some bubble screens

Chongo94

I would normally come here say good game but I can't tonight. That was a terrible effort by a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string offensive players by Texas Tech. That may be one of the worst QB efforts I've ever seen from a Kliff Kingsbury coached team.

That was one of the worst games I've seen this Tech team play all year and I apologize.

That game should be preserved for both teams and society as a whole as a “what is ugly football.”

Sonny Side Up

I see 3 wins at this point the rest of the way and that’s it.
I’m up here, and it is a race to see who gets Most Disappointing Big XII team, is of OK State.

Honestly, I’m torn between my disgust and my decades old context. I appreciate the comments from those whose timeline is different from mine, and I thank you for it. What we did to get here, while pleasant in its nostalgia, doesn’t change our current predicament. Let’s expect better. I do. So should everyone in the program. Gut check time. Whataya got? Frog 4 life.

dawg

What needs to happen in the offensive meeting rooms this week...

Nick_Saban_yells_at_Lane_Kiffin-2.gif

LisaLT

I see 3 wins at this point the rest of the way and that’s it.
IF we are lucky. I would say Kansas is no given, Baylor will be a home game for them and they are playing better, KSU is on the road, I don't see us beating OU, Okie State or WV. We could conceivably lose out the rest of the year if they don't get their act together but quick.

frogs9497

Boo scheissing hoo.

dawg

Rest of schedule: we have to play the state of Oklahoma, our friends from West Virginia, and Kansas/State. Any chance we can carve six or more wins out that gauntlet

Hard to find three. Anyone who can score more than 14 at this point beats us...

OU - Loss.
@ Kansas - Win. Maybe.
Purple Wizard. Toss up. They look as lost on offense as we do but without turnovers.
@WVU - Loss.
@Rapists - Can’t type it; scheiss them.
Okie Lite - Loss.

TCUWIN

What needs to happen in the offensive meeting rooms this week...

Nick_Saban_yells_at_Lane_Kiffin-2.gif
Don't disagree. But notice the score. Can we score 38? There is a reason Saban is the king of football. He holds everyone accountable. Our head coach used to do the same thing. He is not doing it anymore. And you see the product that is allowed to play. I feel sorry for the players. They have been cheated this season.

LisaLT

Robinson may be a good athlete and trying his very best out there, but having watched him now for 6 games, it often looks like he is just chucking the ball when he throws it - especially when under pressure. I can't even tell if he is seeing where he is throwing it half the time since he appears to be leaning or falling backward a lot. How can that result in accurate passing? He does hit a few great throws every once in a while - but is that just dumb luck or skill? Robinson is too inconsistent (not to mention turnover prone) to be a successful starting QB right now. He needs a LOT of work and development. I would assume that our coaching staff would clearly see that after 6 games.

Perhaps next season with Rodgers and Duggan coming in, things could change. It would be nice to have a true pocket passer that is mobile. I look around at teams like Clemson and Ohio State - both with freshman QBs - both great passers. I hope we can achieve that level of QB play next year.

LVH

Can you even name your 3rd string QB, 2nd string C, LG and LT???

We lost all 3 safeties tonight. Gaines, Scott and Small. Were running 3 freshman at safety in the 4th quarter

Not to mention losing our best DT before the season started and perhaps our best OL in the Ohio State game

Both teams dealing with injuries. Its not just on one side

LisaLT

Lots of blame throw around and rightfully so on most cases, but very little going where it might be most deserved. This offensive line's performance has been largely abysmal. Until they start blocking somebody, it doesn't matter what play is called, who's taking the snaps or who's being handed the ball.
you're right to a large degree, but that doesn't account for the turnover issues and bad decisions that resulted in INTs. Blocking has been an issue though. We are not very stout this year on the OL and it shows. Its been a big factor in the lack of a run game this year too.

Moose Stuff

We lost all 3 safeties tonight. Gaines, Scott and Small. Were running 3 freshman at safety in the 4th quarter

Not to mention losing our best DT before the season started and perhaps our best OL in the Ohio State game

Both teams dealing with injuries. Its not just on one side

Plus Jaelen Austin was in a boot and Jarrison Stewart didn’t play either.

LisaLT

To think I was considering flying out there for the OU game. I just don't think I can subject myself to what is likely to be an even bigger disaster. The weather report doesn't look too good for next week either.