• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Radiers vs Horned Frogs

Sebastian S

Robinson may be a good athlete and trying his very best out there, but having watched him now for 6 games, it often looks like he is just chucking the ball when he throws it - especially when under pressure. I can't even tell if he is seeing where he is throwing it half the time since he appears to be leaning or falling backward a lot. How can that result in accurate passing? He does hit a few great throws every once in a while - but is that just dumb luck or skill? Robinson is too inconsistent (not to mention turnover prone) to be a successful starting QB right now. He needs a LOT of work and development. I would assume that our coaching staff would clearly see that after 6 games.

Perhaps next season with Rodgers and Duggan coming in, things could change. It would be nice to have a true pocket passer that is mobile. I look around at teams like Clemson and Ohio State - both with freshman QBs - both great passers. I hope we can achieve that level of QB play next year.

You get away with a lot in high school just by being bigger and more athletic.

He doesn't seem to see the field very well and his decision making is horrible.

LisaLT

In closing, Tech played much better defense than in years past. They managed to put enough pressure on a QB who doesn't do well under pressure, and lo and behold he made mistakes. Hats off to them.

Sebastian S

In closing, Tech played much better defense than in years past. They managed to put enough pressure on a QB who doesn't do well under pressure, and lo and behold he made mistakes. Hats off to them.

I have to disagree.

We have left so many points on the field. Not just against tech.

We lost by 3. We easily had 9 points off field goals that we could not attempt because of turnovers.

Mean Purple

You get away with a lot in high school just by being bigger and more athletic.

He doesn't seem to see the field very well and his decision making is horrible.
the espn crew mentioned several times that he was not making reads. not even looking. just throwing it up.

sideline gal reported how the coaching staff was talking to him about him feeling pressure that was not there and that he needed to read through his progressions.

you can see him doing it at the line before the play. but its like he makes his mind up right there where he is going.

only other thing that seems to be possible with his comfort issue would be the insane about of substitutions we have. geez, play some guys on a regular basis. There is not way he is getting reps with that many rcvrs on a routine basis in practice. that is several different speed levels to adjust to. If he is, then holy crap, what are the coaches thinking.

Turp was out there quite a bit. And he connected with him easier. He seem comfortable with him and JR.

there is the reality that the player rotation and offensive scheme the past two years has been less than great.

smufrogger

the espn crew mentioned several times that he was not making reads. not even looking. just throwing it up.

sideline gal reported how the coaching staff was talking to him about him feeling pressure that was not there and that he needed to read through his progressions.

you can see him doing it at the line before the play. but its like he makes his mind up right there where he is going.

only other thing that seems to be possible with his comfort issue would be the insane about of substitutions we have. geez, play some guys on a regular basis. There is not way he is getting reps with that many rcvrs on a routine basis in practice. that is several different speed levels to adjust to. If he is, then holy crap, what are the coaches thinking.

Turp was out there quite a bit. And he connected with him easier. He seem comfortable with him and JR.

there is the reality that the player rotation and offensive scheme the past two years has been less than great.

That how I see it. The game is much too fast for him so he panics and even with time he’ll miss reads - pretty much forcing the first option whether it’s remotely open or not

Moose Stuff

That how I see it. The game is much too fast for him so he panics and even with time he’ll miss reads - pretty much forcing the first option whether it’s remotely open or not

I agree that something appears to be missing. Got a little depressed watching ISU last week and their true freshman QB making his first start couldn’t possibly have been more comfortable. Shawn too often appears nervous/rushed/indecisive (pick your own adjective).

Pharm Frog

I figure that certain “guarantees” were made relative to playing time and/or “opportunities” during recruitment. I don’t care what coaches may say publically about “open competitions” and “there are no promises”. Eventually there’s an expiry on these guarantees but we obviously haven’t reached it yet.

PurpleBlood87

In the third quarter TCU is facing first and 20 and for consecutive plays Jalen Reagor isn't in the game. The reciever rotation schedule is just crazy. You have to keep your playmakers on the field.

Bizarro Frog

Standing there watching the game last night I just kept waiting for the turnovers to come and kill productive drives and they showed up as usual this season. Not sure how you fix that but I hope the coaches stumble across a lost scroll or something that helps.