• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee is suing Patterson and B12

Eight

as others have said mac does the best job of putting a bow on this big [ Finebaum ] show.

is it possible the medical staff misdiagnosed the injury? yes, not blaming just saying it is possible and working from there follow these dominoes. staff he has been medically cleared, player is hesitant due to pain, and he gets challenged, exhorted, whatever to get back on the field. not blaming, just saying this is a part of the game at every program.

when does it go from being encouraged to play to being challenged to play to being pressured? don't know, but read some of the pre-draft evaluations of listenbee and note a common thread.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/kolby-listenbee?id=2555350

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...istenbee-will-need-more-than-speed-in-the-nfl

if you do more searching you will send the common theme. kolby was a one trick pony going into the draft. during his time at tcu he was basically a one route receiver and while that works in college you won't last in the nfl running one route.

worst part is how do you determine how much any of this impacts his not making it in the nfl? if it was diagnosed and he did sit the rest of the year would he have learned to run routes? not run every route like coming out of track blocks and made an effort on running plays?

Sebastian S

So the Cliffs: Track guy went to see Jackie Chiles.
You want to always take all claims seriously (to avoid becoming a Baylor) but this whole thing seems ignorant and juvenile.

Track guys need to stay in their lane and off the grassy field in the middle. That game is too tough for them apparently.
Plus you have his good track friend CEL. Who left to probably get more playing time at another school.

I am sure CEL would have loved to take some playing Listenbee had too much of.

H0RNEDFR0G

TCU has filed counter-suit:

https://www.diehards.com/tcu/tcu-countersees-removed-kolby-listenbee-lawsuit

TCU filed to be removed from the suit. The only damages they want are legal and court fees. His central claim that these doctors are employed by TCU is incorrect. They are employed by JPS Physician Group, Inc. which is a charitable organization created by theboard of Tarrant County Hospital District. JPSPG has a Health Services Contract with TCU.

The staff he listed in his suit in paragraph 17c as "employed by TCU" under the "FACTS" heading is not a fact. Any malpractice suits should be filed against JPSPG.

froglash88

I ran into KL’s father in the hotel lobby the morning after the Peach Bowl. I said it was so awesome to see how much KL improved from last year to this year. He said “hell, he was just as good last year, but the coaches didn’t give him the chance he deserved.” Hmmm...

Sebastian S

I ran into KL’s father in the hotel lobby the morning after the Peach Bowl. I said it was so awesome to see how much KL improved from last year to this year. He said “hell, he was just as good last year, but the coaches didn’t give him the chance he deserved.” Hmmm...

That was the 2014 turnaround offensive powerhouse year, the year we could have won the natty.

He got injured the next season.

Froglaw

Yeah, from his perspective, I honestly think this is a terrible move. He has no more NFL career, his best support is his TCU network. Every bridge burned. Worried he got tricked by shady lawyers.

I guarantee you that he sought out legal representation and not the other way around.

Now whether that contact was initiated by his agent or family, one can only speculate.

Zubaz

worst part is how do you determine how much any of this impacts his not making it in the nfl? if it was diagnosed and he did sit the rest of the year would he have learned to run routes
That's a huge point. So what, he thinks that if he had shut it down after the SMU game and never played another game, he would have had a BETTER chance at making the NFL?

Sebastian S

That's a huge point. So what, he thinks that if he had shut it down after the SMU game and never played another game, he would have had a BETTER chance at making the NFL?

He thinks he was never the same as the 2014 season.

He thinks if healthy, he could have taken the 40 record at the combine.

Took him a couple years to realize that.

tcudoc

He could've definitely taken state...

Listenbee is a real life Uncle Rico.
Uncle-Rico.jpg

T-Ray

I wish this case would go to trial and be televised.

I'm sure players have to sign some sort of release. I did for middle school PE. I guess this is why they are focusing on harassment.

nwlafrog

Not seeing much support for Kolby on the interwebs. A former teammate posted some interesting stuff on the 247 thread, and most former players I've seen comment don't seem to like this.

The more I read and talk to others, I don't think this is going to end well at all for Kolby. If so, it's too bad that he dragged TCU and GP's names through the mud while burning every bridge he had that's tied to this University.

I really need to get a membership over there instead of being out of the loop so often.

Listenbee dishonors himself with this futile and transparent attempt to salvage some measure of

financial compensation in order to offset his ill-fated attempt to succeed in pro football. Sad

Eight

good news for mensa is sam ehlinger won't be able to remember a damn thing with all the blunt head trauma he will have sustained playing for texas.