• The KillerFrogs

TCU to the Big East

gdu

Which is exactly why there hasn't been any news. There has been no formal invitation at this point.
I'm not disputing that (since I don't know one way or the other), but the BE should know by now if they are, or aren't, going to invite us. The longer they wait, the less beneficial the announcement timing is. And it's not like it would take more than 5 seconds to set everything up once we get the official invite. Conferences and schools can plan for this kind of stuff ahead of time. I mean what was the delay between Utah and CO receiving official invites and accepting them? Ditto for UNR and Fresno?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Announcing now doesn't buy anybody anything that it won't buy in the spring or summer. And a formal invitation is just that - a formality. No invitation will be offered until a deal is done. That's how it works.

FfldCntyFan

I'm not disputing that (since I don't know one way or the other), but the BE should know by now if they are, or aren't, going to invite us. The longer they wait, the less beneficial the announcement timing is. And it's not like it would take more than 5 seconds to set everything up once we get the official invite. Conferences and schools can plan for this kind of stuff ahead of time. I mean what was the delay between Utah and CO receiving official invites and accepting them? Ditto for UNR and Fresno?

Even with an agreement in principle, there would likely be many minor details that need to be addressed (most likely dealing with participation in non revenue sports) and worked out before the offer is put into writing as it is a legal contract (with attorneys from both sides agreeing t the language). Once this is done whoever has the authority at TCU to officially agree will need to sign the agreement (I imagine it is a board of trustees). These things take more than five seconds.

Hawaii was reeling with what has been going on with their conference and travel to the islands (more importantly for minor sports) was what had been keeping them out of the MWC. There have been rumors that they were close to losing a number of recruits and they may well have felt compelled to publicly announce the agreement before it became official.

On our side, whether it is or is not the best manner of doing things we have been known to keep announcements such as this under our vest until everything is final. This is
likely no different.

One possibility also is that at the moment you have a bye week (while Boise St is playing) and your head football coach is making the PR rounds which among other things is keeping your school in the public's eye. In a couple of weeks oyu again will have a bye while many other schools (again including Boise St) will be playing and it may have been agreed upon to use that time to make the announcement for the benefit of TCU's place in the public's eye.

gdu

Announcing now doesn't buy anybody anything that it won't buy in the spring or summer. And a formal invitation is just that - a formality. No invitation will be offered until a deal is done. That's how it works.
I didn't realize we could get enough of a bump in the polls in the spring to get us into a game that has already been played. Great news if true.

gdu

Even with an agreement in principle, there would likely be many minor details that need to be addressed (most likely dealing with participation in non revenue sports) and worked out before the offer is put into writing as it is a legal contract (with attorneys from both sides agreeing t the language). Once this is done whoever has the authority at TCU to officially agree will need to sign the agreement (I imagine it is a board of trustees). These things take more than five seconds.
You didn't answer my question about the other schools. Didn't take them long at all.

One possibility also is that at the moment you have a bye week (while Boise St is playing) and your head football coach is making the PR rounds which among other things is keeping your school in the public's eye. In a couple of weeks oyu again will have a bye while many other schools (again including Boise St) will be playing and it may have been agreed upon to use that time to make the announcement for the benefit of TCU's place in the public's eye.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were the case, but it seems to me that would be quite an opportunity lost. It would be a bit suspicious to get a bump in the polls after we were done playing all of our games.