• The KillerFrogs

TCU to the Big East

Young and Horned

I had 3 different people with contacts in the athletic department text me within 20 minutes of each other this evening stating that "The deal is done".

These sources are completely seperate from each other so it definitely made he sit up in my seat.

I figured it would have leaked by now. I expect a blanket of TCU media coverage tomorrow with Gary in Bristol and the looming announcement.

And for those of you who are worried, the deal includes.......................ALL SPORTS!

Cue gdutcu with some gay comment.

What? We are back in the WAC. That's cool. As long as your signature pic comes with us. Sunbelt it is.

WVUFan

Hey WVUFan: Is the old "Wings 'n Things" still there in Morgantown by the Evandale campus? I'm licking my chops to get back to have some at the first TCU game at Mountaineer Field.

Last time i was in WV (Maryland game ) yes it was still their, but i would go to Murial's if you want the best food

FfldCntyFan

GP spending the day at ESPN during an off week absolutely is to keep TCU's name fresh in the minds of those who vote in the human poll element of the BCS.

I am very confident (from a handful of sources along with a few things that I've seen) that the agreement (TCU to BE for all sports) is pretty much in place. There may be a few final minor details before this is in writing and then those with authority to bless this arrangement (from both sides) will need to put their signatures on some paperwork but shy of a major change of heart this is done.

TCUdirtbag

omg i got 27 text messages from the ball state athletics dept saying their friend in louisville heard on alaska radio that tcu to be is a done deal for 2027. press conference at midnight tonight live from 8.0s with chancellor, CDC, and Jose.

Zammers

What I don't understand is the wait. If the MWC can announce a "handshake deal" with Hawaii why can't TCU and the BE do the same. It's beneficial to both the conference and TCU to do it NOW.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
What I don't understand is the wait. If the MWC can announce a "handshake deal" with Hawaii why can't TCU and the BE do the same. It's beneficial to both the conference and TCU to do it NOW.

The MWC hasn't announced any deal yet.

A statement by the MWC said, "The Mountain West Conference Board of Directors has authorized Commissioner Craig Thompson to begin discussions with the University of Hawaii regarding possible membership in the sport of football only."

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/109083259.html

Army Frog Fan

My uncle's cousin's nephew's sister's nice says it is a done deal TCU to Big East! Just received the telegraph.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend know this guy who met this kid whose going with this girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I gues it's pretty serious.

PHX Frog

I guess anything is possible but there has always been a more formal approach than what you mentioned. I would assume that they do not need to meet face to face as teleconferencing is a possibility.

Don't misunderstand me, if its a good deal and in the best interests of TCU to move to the BE, then I think we would do it. However there has not been a formal invitation from the BE, as of yet.

Truth. As of right now, there is no formal invitation and there has been no approval to make a move. I can't believe people really think CGP would be in Bristol to announce a conference move. When was the last time you saw a coach make an announcement about a conference move? That stuff is left to the AD.

gdu

Truth. As of right now, there is no formal invitation and there has been no approval to make a move. I can't believe people really think CGP would be in Bristol to announce a conference move. When was the last time you saw a coach make an announcement about a conference move? That stuff is left to the AD.
I don't think most people thought CGP would annnounce it on Mike and Mike or anything like that. I think some thought/hoped there would be a press conference at some point during the day and CGP would have been in Bristol to talk about it.

I also don't get why every keep talking about the BoT and all that other stuff like it isn't possible to do that quickly. They just met and almost certainly voted on multiple possible scenarios. Did everyone forget the last round of expansion? It didn't take that long for the MWC or P10 to invite anyone or the Big 12 to come up with their plan. This isn't rocket surgery, people.

PHX Frog

I also don't get why every keep talking about the BoT and all that other stuff like it isn't possible to do that quickly. They just met and almost certainly voted on multiple possible scenarios. Did everyone forget the last round of expansion? It didn't take that long for the MWC or P10 to invite anyone or the Big 12 to come up with their plan. This isn't rocket surgery, people.

Which is exactly why there hasn't been any news. There has been no formal invitation at this point.