• The KillerFrogs

MLB 2023 Thread

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Is this really something to be proud of/ecstatic about? Seems alittle aggie after they beat texas. 2018 was 5 years ago
We haven't finished with a winning record since 2016. We'll take small victories when we can get them.

Obviously it's early in the season and injuries can play a part in things also but the vibe around the Rangers just feels different this year.

Creeperfrog

I'm happy for yall... but once altuve and Brantley come back... idk man. We will have tucker hitting maybe 7th. Chas will prob be 8th. And we will trade duboin for more pitching. They are stacked

Astros’ Jose Abreu at first instead of Yuli Gurriel mattered last night. Abreu has already put a dent in the Astros’ defensive stats.

7 of the 9 Rangers’ runs were unearned, sheesh. And the second earned run was the homer for a grand slam after two outs which would not have happened without the first error losing an out. That first error was a throwing error on Pena but the throw to first was online to Abreu and he didn’t handle the one-hopper. So I count that on Abreu, and the postgame analysis pointed that out too.

Abreu then had a fielding error which cost the final three unearned runs. So an example of the difference of having Abreu at first versus Gurriel. Gurriel probably gathers both those balls and the score might have been 1-1 instead of 9-1 after nine innings. DEFENSE and pitching wins World Series. Abreu‘s former White Sox were known for poor defense. Abreu knows the comparison and I hope it does not get in his head and make things worse.

Last edited:

Creeperfrog

Astros will be the best team in MLB once altuve and Brantley return. I don't think it's a debate. Maybe san Diego, or NYC. Tampa is hot but it's early

Retiring the numbers of legendary players—

As a Twins and Harmon Killebrew fan, I would like to see a current Twins player wearing Harmon Killebrew’s number 3 as a reminder of Harmon. Seems that would be honoring the greats more, as a visual on the field. You would still have his number raised, posted and celebrated on the stadium as it is, with his name underneath that number of the legend. #3 is a great number, more so because of Harmon, and I want to see it again on the Twins’ field of play--it would put a smile on my face thinking of Killebrew in his day.

The entire league wears number 42 for Jackie Robinson day and it’s good to see. Why not see it more often by allowing players to use it on the field as a reminder of Jackie.

Last edited: